All painted and fitted with anti slip rubber matting
That conduit is lovely where did you source that?
Its 20mm steel Kopex I had spare from another project. I think it was a purchase off eBay its sold by the mitre there for about £4. It is nice stuff and the fittings are nice and secure.
Can you tell me then source of the oil pump too?
And the thick foam you’ve used here? Is that EPDM foam?
Is it mild steel (I’ve got a rusting problem in the workshop) or stainless?
If I recall mines 316 stainless you can get it in different specs.
The Oil can is a neat little thing its a Eilang double pump works upside down etc and gets a decent pressure to push the Oiling Nipples.
The foam I'm not sure it came with the Enclosure I'm modifying.
Looks excellent, very professional job. It will really complement the lathe.
I don't think your braking resistor will ever be troubled by the work it has to do. Sensible to mount it as you have done though.
Looks "The dogs" but you have to finish painting that wall!
The whole thing looks amazing.
It's often a case with a project that you can end up in a position where you wish you'd spent more and bought a nice one to start with but I don't think it would have been possible to buy one as nice as yours looks now.
Thanks for the positive comments guys :-) away for the week now with work but hoping to get the VFD wrapped up next weekend. Grabbed 30 mins this morning and got the Mains supply cable plumbed in, drilled the lower air intake holes and positioned the VFD. Next job get the Contactor and Transformer in and start organising all the spaghetti !
Hi~ I have a same lathe in China, but many parts were missed, and its very hard to find any datum or part. If you have completely original drawing, could you please send me one. My Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks very very much~
Welcome to the forum, Venn
Well I didn't get much time at all this weekend but managed to get the bulk of the wiring installed, just some tidying up internally needed, i'm waiting on some DIN rail terminal block holders but its back together now so i can at least use it. Got to make a holder and mount the sensor for for the techo next.
All functionality back and working Foot operated Emergency Stop wired in, a front panel v3.0 needs making now with switch for coolant pump adding. Switched power for Coolant pump and ancillary power routed to rear for DRO and Lamp.
Got back from working away today and decided to get the rest of the wiring inside the enclosure done. Seemed to be never ending spaghetti but its done and all works. Fan filters are in place. Next job is the Spindle Tacho but thats all routed direct to the Panel enclosure.
spent some time today making some bracketry for the Tacho. I made a ring to fit over the spindle and countersunk the Magnet into it, I then made a holder for the Sensor that fits over the Change wheel cover bar. Threaded the Wiring (still to finish the Kopex routing) and it seems to work fine. Its a little fuzzy on the slowdown giving some strange readings which you can see in the video any pointers as to whats causing that i'd be grateful but its not a major issue just weird.
quick video of the weird readings on slowdown
whilst i had some 50m stock in the machine i then made a thumb nut for the change wheel housing, not sure exactly what the original looked like but this works for me
I’ve got those snap on t handle Allen keys. They’re fantastic
Yep, wot @Brad93 said
Made another missing bit tonight, gear selector lever.
Separate names with a comma.