(1972) BMW 2002 Tii

1. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Having investigated and seen the prices, I think it's going to be convector heaters !!!!

2. jpmillermatic

jpmillermatic Member

USA-NY
    really nice project.....the work looks great!

JP

3. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

4. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

I have had a good read now on various workshop heaters and I reckon convector heaters are the best for my garage. Especially as I have internally insulated the roof, so it will help with the convection effect. Halogen heaters are good, but very directional and don't really heat a 'space', but thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

I did a little test in there last night with a 2kW little convector and wow, it was pretty warm, pretty quickly. So, 2 x in the winter and I reckon that'll be the doggies danglies. Just glad I haven't yet got a smart meter !!!

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  5. Wallace

Wallace Member

Thermostatically controlled convection heaters work well. I have a few but be aware of the flash from the bimetallic strip contactor in the cheapies if you see it trip in the dark! Thermals and a hat help keep the electric bill down too. ;)

B1N9S likes this.
  6. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Started on the primer/paint prep. Going well so far. Just doing the 'off the car' panels......slowly !!!

GEDC1783.JPG

GEDC1784.JPG

Also scored these great period alloys. Set of 5, so really chuffed. They need to be diamond cut and the depressions will be a muted gold colour.

Geminialloys.jpg

DavidS16 and slim_boy_fat like this.
  7. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Engine is back from it's rebuild. I love a clean engine. Big boost for the project.

GEDC1794.JPG

DavidS16 and slim_boy_fat like this.
  8. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

I have a similar garage (flat pack concrete jobbie) and I have two bathroom fan heaters mounted on the wall with those pull strings. One is OK at the moment but in the depths of winter it's nice to have the second one....usually they just need to be on for half and hour or so. I tried the gas heater...yea it heats up quickly but they take up room and everything ends up wet (my garage has a metal roof which doesn't help). I like the wall mounted jobbies as it keeps the floor clear.

Very nice work indeed....keep the pics coming.

B1N9S likes this.
  9. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Thanks mate. I have since tried a free standing convector heater and that works great, but I might need a second one of those when it gets colder. I'm not using any at the moment as it's still pretty warm for the time of year.

10. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

I have finished the panels paint prep, I'll leave the bodyshop do a final pass with primer and sand it back how they want it. I am now onto the main shell. But in between, I have started to build some custom driveshafts to allow the fitment of the later E21 LSD. The diff was rebuilt by the PO, but I have since tidied it up with a bit of paint !!

• GEDC1781.JPG
    • GEDC1782.JPG
    • GEDC1785.JPG
    • GEDC1792.JPG
    • GEDC1573.JPG
    • GEDC1575.JPG
    Parm, DavidS16, atomant48 and 3 others like this.
  11. slim_boy_fat

You put the bits in the dishwasher....top man!! :thumbup: :clapping:

Parm likes this.
  12. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

AH !!!! Now I know why the Mrs keeps putting dishes in MY PARTS washer.

DavidS16 and Mee like this.
  13. atomant48

atomant48 Member

Salisbury UK
    That diff came up a treat. What's the paint used for the "silver" bit?

14. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Just an aerosol and lacquer. The black bit is epoxy mastic 121.

15. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Just a quick update. I have been cracking on with the primer coats. Nearly ready to hand it over to the paint shop for them to finish and top coat it. Can't wait to see it in all it glory. Downhill from there I reckon !!! Tons of work in the primer stages, no wonder a decent paint job costs a fortune.

GEDC1798.JPG GEDC1805.JPG GEDC1808.JPG GEDC1809.JPG GEDC1810.JPG

slim_boy_fat and Rannsachair like this.
  16. slim_boy_fat

Tremendous work there! :clapping:

B1N9S likes this.
  17. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Painted the boot area and inside and added some sound insulation, almost ready for paint now !!! One final push and it's there I reckon. GEDC1821.JPG Boot_RED.jpg

maxiboy, Parm, dazza and 2 others like this.
  18. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Very nice indeed...I like the workshop just as much I think. Like the way the tool cabinet has been carefully masked off too :-)

19. B1N9S

B1N9S Member

Ha, cheers mate. The tool chest is an early Xmas present from the wife. Bless her !!! So I have to look after it.

The workshop isn't finished yet, I got a bit more to do and add a couple more cabinets and a decent worktop. Maybe a kettle !! Maybe a mattress if I spend any more bleedin time in there ! LOL.

20. slim_boy_fat

^^ And don't forget the beer fridge.....:whistle: :drunk:

B1N9S likes this.
Advertisements