Project OBD ( cabin cruiser )

1. W.olly

W.olly Member

A mate did a photo shop for me as i am useless at tech stuff.

This 32 foot

COZACAN 32 foot.jpg

To 44 foot.

COZACAN 44 foot.jpg

Thats with a 12 foot in total rear cabin extension from the porthole. Then rework/move back the rear bulkhead to gain 3 foot rear deck space and leave the rear cabin 16 foot as to the 7 foot it is now.

I emailed East Coast Fibreglass to see what they can advise me on, hope to get a reply this week.

If its good then this is a goer :):)

2. mylesdw

mylesdw Member

New Zealand
    Looks rather sleek, and you should gain a bit of speed too...

3. W.olly

W.olly Member

Its booked in for the lift on the 10th Jan ( which has now gone lol ). So this weekend i have been clearing out for it and making a pad for the front cradle to level it all up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That front wall with the gate to the left is coming down aswell so i can get the 44 foot as that wall is 31 foot from the back of the garden.

And well then the eagle has landed [​IMG]

Had last week off work so me n T had a few days on Khashoggi as it was her birthday and we needed a chill out.

Then on Thursday gone i made sure the Norman would fire up, well a few turns and there she blows. Well chuffed with that engine.

Anyway, Friday me and a mate chugged down to Garstang Marina in good time for the lift which all went well, i used the same chap/company as last time, daft not to at there prices.

It was a bit of stress off loading as just before we got home with the boat i had a bloody haemerage and couldnt see out of one eye so i just got him to drop it roughly level, i will be leveling it out today as my sight is a little better and dont want to twist the shell to much as it is.

Anyway, clean out today of all the rubbish and drill a drain hole and see about getting the engine out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In a week or two i will be fencing off the front of the drive and removing the gate to get a good work area once i clear the pound out.

So time to go play [​IMG]

decca likes this.
  4. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Don't let that go unchecked, get straight to your Optician - I suffered a central vein occlusion in my left eye while in isolation and the eye is pretty much useless now, with only limited blurred sight around the periphery. :(

You only get two for life......:whistle:

5. W.olly

W.olly Member

Oh believe me i have done, infact as it was i had an eye test the same day and after i told them they said i should go to my eye clinic as they havnt the gear to check it over properly.it was closed, so i went to walk in centre and they couldnt do anything either but sent me to a decent opticiain who checked and found the haemerage and then sent me to the Urgent department of the eye clinic i go tothats not open to get the retina checked to see if torn it. anyway, hameerage is clearing up slowly but left a real hazy vision now. so not blind yet :) take days/weeks to clear up they say if not i need surgery.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  6. brightspark

brightspark Member

whats happening with your other boat :)

7. KemppiFrog Member

Hey, so it really is true what they say about SA making you blind..:D

I will apologize right now, before the flak starts:laughing:

8. KemppiFrog Member

To clarify, I was referring to taking on TWO wrecks in succession. Not the other thing....

9. KemppiFrog Member

Didn't see this... But if you are brave.. such an extension is doe'able. Quite within your bravery on past record.. Usuall would be MDF exterior moulds to relaminate after cutting the hull. Supporting the two halves will be the interesting bit..

10. W.olly

W.olly Member

Still in use. will be selling i think in spring 2021, we will see maybe later than that.

I get you...i think lol

11. W.olly

W.olly Member

Thats is the plan, just to extend from the original transom, so add a 12 foot section on the back. timber frame out line with MDF and laminate up to the original transom, over laminate the corners etc etc and then when the laminate is greening add fillite to 6mm SS plate all around the new section/side and hull then bolted through to the original hull, then cut back the transom/new hull to about 3 inch to leave a nice thick flange that is bonded and bolted together to double support the new rear section.

if you get that ;)

KemppiFrog likes this.
  12. W.olly

W.olly Member

Hi y`all.

Thought i should not sit around and crack on a bit. Only few bits, ripped out the remainder of whats left, very little left, took me about half an hour so i decided to get the engine ready to be lifted out. Again another half hour job once i found my sockets i needed, not the tidiest of workers.

Sooooo

I made a video for Youtube and started a channel. So those who use youtube take a look

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6WT91e2llKxtu2yukGMnWw?view_as=subscriber

So as of today, ripped out and faffed with the outdrive. well well well, this was the problem of a little wobble i bet lol. I have to thank my mate for helping me out, dont like to use a grinder with one eye and this n that.

It needs a new prop as its twisted and a few mm out of true. hope there isn tto mich more damage.

I wish now i got the on ei found ages ago for spares, could of had it for £50 aswell..

First rid of the rudder

[​IMG]

Then have a look at the prop/shaft

And eewwwwmy giddy aunt

[​IMG]

That is compacted fishing line, string, wire and inner tube.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And lets do the twist, like i did last summer Ooooo ( though i dont think it was me that did this )

[​IMG]

For those that dont do Youbtube, i have cleaned out the pound/work area, this is for when i have fenced off the drive for the boat extension i have much more room and easier access to the extension area.

So now i have two workshops and a good size work area. Lucky boy [​IMG]

Captain Faffer ( as on Youtube [​IMG] )

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  13. mylesdw

mylesdw Member

New Zealand
    Gosh! must have hit something bloody hard to put a twist like that in a steel shaft. I guessing that that is a new prop and that the shaft is also bent? Worth checking the rest of the drive and engine for damage possibly. Better now than later...

Perhaps it snagged a rope or something while under power.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    W.olly likes this.
  14. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

Did you get an artic round you way ?

I've driven them for 20 years... now fools rush in where Angel's fear to walk .

The artic driver that looked at that and didnt get twitchy bum syndrome is a better driver than me lol

Malc

15. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

Unless rear steers are involved

16. W.olly

W.olly Member

All i know is that i decided to do a bit and this is what we found. old or new prop shaft is i dont know. The prop is mangled a bit with a good few chunks out of it.
    Will all be checked over when i get it off along with the engine out.

Hi Malc, nope it wasnt an artic, short **** 26 foot deck.he did say though when i extend it he will be able to get it out, low loader with steer rear end. When it come to it if nobody will get it out i will make a trolly for it from the two axles i have and wheel it/tow it up to the main road.

HopefullySoon and slim_boy_fat like this.
Advertisements