Project OBD ( cabin cruiser )

1. W.olly

W.olly Member

After all these years SWMBO has aid she will help me out fitting out a van. so things have gained there. And also do the boat up. easy project by my usual though lol.

looking forward to new thing, venture further afield aswell subject to me being a young useless git lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lets all hope next year is a better year hey for us all :)

2. W.olly

W.olly Member

Anybody want to buy the Loftus:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Forget all i said last time. Once boating is in the blood you cant get away from it at all.

I am selling up all the boats, well i have two left as last week i got a boat i have been searching for fro a long time now. A mate sent me a link to it and i bought it there and then.

I got it at a stupid price as it also come on the trailer plated correct and in excellent order. So i can tow the new toy home myself to save on the £1100 to get it delivered. I will have to unladen the boat a little by 100kg or so as van is only rated to 2750kg. trailer is 680kg and boat from factory 2200kg. Just to be on legal safe side.

Here we have a Fairline Fury MK1 already named as Flash n Fury. Me being the Queen fan and a flash in the pan with ideas and past projects and the Fury, well thats when i tell SWMBO about them lol

123385886_3273452849447380_7762478583162651292_o.jpg

20201113_095631.jpg

123506090_3273452846114047_3022420535669433893_o.jpg

20201113_100102.jpg

20201113_095707 1.jpg

Twin Volvo Penta AQ130`s :) so once fettle can be wizzing around at 30+mph :) take getting used to after all the 4mph on blinkin canals for years lol

123495898_3273452826114049_9046672454767456832_o.jpg

20201113_095824.jpg

20201113_095815.jpg

20201113_095932.jpg

20201113_095908.jpg

3. KemppiFrog Member

Yikes! Twin petrols (with legs!) Hope the vendor included a petrol pump:laughing: or your FIL is a Saudi prince..

Westfield-builder and Parm like this.
  4. W.olly

W.olly Member

They drink around 5-6 gallons an hour at over 30mph so that to me isnt tbat at all. Not as if i flying over to Irland every weekend lol

5. zx9

zx9 Member

Like you said it is a hobby and you will not be using it every day so may as well have a bit of fun on the days you can.
    What sort of money is a boat like that in good usable condition? And second question what would it sensibly cost a year to run one? Not that I need a boat just curious. ;)

W.olly and Parm like this.
  6. brightspark

brightspark Member

looks like a lot less work than his last 2 to restore it .got to give the guy credit where its due my mates just bought an 18 footer the shells ok but needs a lot of work doing on it. gooduns aren't cheap

W.olly likes this.
  7. W.olly

W.olly Member

There are not many about now but the ones i have seen in very good order with this engine/drive set up go for over £15k. Reason i am happy with the £4k i paid. The thing with these boats is that they are small in a way at 25 foot and have excellent space on them. very well designed. Mooring fees depend on where you moor, say Conwy Marina and the likes then near £2500pa, in the harbour then a lot less at i think it was £700pa. then insurance so around £150pa. If on rivers then same again depends on what type and area you are in. Not forgettign lift out in winter if on the sea. a few hundred quid i think but i have a trailer :)

Dont be fooled by the pics. it does need a fair bit of work but as you say nothing like the previous, done this aswell as health is getting worse with tendons troubles so ths will be fine for me :)

slim_boy_fat, zx9 and brightspark like this.
  8. zx9

zx9 Member

£15 K is not outrageous when you think what people spend on cars. I don't think I could afford to keep one in St Katherine's dock at £11500 per annum. :o

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  9. W.olly

W.olly Member

well thats down there all over lol. way over OTT

If its wasnt so far i would keep in in Watermouth Cove down Devon but a5hr drive is a bit much, so mite drag it down for a few weeks holiday.

zx9 and brightspark like this.
  10. KemppiFrog Member

When one hears about Fairlines, one thinks of things parked in Monaco and a few feet(meters) bigger than yours. Looks a nice boat and well put together.. Cosmetic fixes only? And, for the price...
    Have fun!

W.olly likes this.
  11. W.olly

W.olly Member

LOL different ball game the modern Fairlines hey

The first name i thought for the boat was MiniGin lol.

12. KemppiFrog Member

Back in '77 a couple of us + gfs went from Vilamoura to Gib in a Coronet 32. On the way back we cruised up the Guadalquivir to Sevilla for a week. Memorable trip. It had the twin Volvo 6 cyl 120hp diesels on outdrives and would manage 18kts. Fuel was a lot cheaper then...

I like Minigin

13. mylesdw

mylesdw Member

New Zealand
    Always liked the idea of restoring one of those offshore wooden sports-boats, like a Fairey but I think suitable boats are few and far between now.

14. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

I'd be quite happy with a boat that could nip me over to Ireland.... cruise up the shannon river and I have family 30 mins ish from there

One day

Farside likes this.
  15. mylesdw

mylesdw Member

New Zealand
    Like all open sea crossings you'd have to chose your timing. I've had some bloody rough crossings to Ireland.

16. octo0072000

octo0072000 Member

i second that :o:o:o

17. W.olly

W.olly Member

Recently i have been thinking about navigating up the coast to the West coast of Scotland one year then the other head south from Conwy. Did start wit a full trip all around the UK. that would be fun and an adventure

18. awemawson Forum Supporter

It can get pretty rough round some bits of our coast, it certainly put paid to the Spanish Armada.. Cape Wrath and the Pentland Firth can be placid one day and remarkably challenging the next!

W.olly likes this.
  19. mylesdw

mylesdw Member

New Zealand
    That would indeed be a great adventure and so many great places to visit as you go.

W.olly likes this.
Advertisements