Sherman Tig (Jasic in disguise?)

1. jmskydancer New Member

Damn, this forum is worse than JV in moneysucking! After having been looking at 200GD, 200 Multipro, 206P, of course, and some others as well, including also some used stuff avbl locally, I actually came to hitting the "place order" button when I had read this thread till page 22 or so...
    Now, wait and see it is.
    Well, I have skipped over some 55 of the thread pages. Is there any post of a homemade pedal project? Search turned up too many results.

2. Ruffian Member

For ease I got the press fit rectus 21 for the back of the machine. And made a joiner for the front out of the m10 connector off the torch then press fit the rectus 21 into the torch.

If that makes sence.
    So make it as a fly lead.

Like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222400163506

That way dont have to modify the machine and can alter it externally.

3. PSweeney Member

Herts
    Boughtt a 206P from Weldes but they don't have stock of the pedal. Is there another pedal I use with this machine as I'm struggling with AC on aluminium without it

4. daedalusminos Member

Have you contacted them directly? Also note that they do (or did) a TIG kit 206p + pedal for £480

5. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

Only Americans need TIG pedals ;) You need 3mm+ alloy to practice on, and hood time.

HughF likes this.
  6. PSweeney Member

Herts
    couldn't order the kit as the pedals not in stock, needed it for a small job sooner

7. PSweeney Member

Herts
    haven't done a huge amount of aluminium so I'm used to welding slower on steel in DC. I can vary my travel speed but bead width is suffering and I just find a pedal easier.

8. Chris Snow Member

I have a spare which I don't really need.. PM me if it's of interest.

9. marcis New Member

Finally got the consumables and spent my first few TIG welding hours. A lot of learning ahead...
    The main conclusion at this point is - the Sherman works and I am very happy with it. ;)

• 20201118_155503.jpg
    • 20201118_151151.jpg
    Richiew likes this.
  10. Gazz292

Gazz292 Member

I am looking to get a tig welder to replace my little mig, was originally going to go for one of the cheapo dc only machines, but this thread has me really wanting one of these,

on weldes.co.uk site they have the 206p ac dc for £563, but for £399 the welder fantasy 202 : https://weldes.co.uk/gb/tig-acdc-gtaw-welders/924-welder-fantasy-tig-lux-202-acdc.html

the really naff name is putting me off, but does anyone know the difference between the sherman and the welder fantasy?

11. daedalusminos Member

If you'd read this thread then you'll understand why the thread has been created.

Tangledfeet and Mark 2 like this.
  12. Gazz292

Gazz292 Member

yeah, i know the sherman 206p is an exact copy of the jasic machine,

but peppered all over the thread are posts of other machines that look identical,
    is the sherman machine the only one that is using the exact same parts as the jasic,

i saw that some people had accidentally bought the sherman 216p, and that was nothing like the jasic 200 inside... so i guess i have my answer for the 202 machine

13. daedalusminos Member

I think the problem is no one would be able to pass judgement on any other Sherman model....they might be great or they could just be run of the mill import.

Looks as though the 206P has increased slightly in price since I bought...still good value considering the Jasic is £1300!

14. Mark 2

Mark 2 Forum Supporter

I'd be interested if not already spoken for Chris.

15. Richiew Forum Supporter

It has exactly the same buttons/lights/features showing on the control panel as the Sherman. It would be an awful lot of effort to make something different internally to use the same panel. Cant say for sure unless you get it bought and take it apart. Same can be said for Jasic/Sherman comparison and we know how that went.

16. Chris Snow Member

Sold to @PSweeney sorry.

Mark 2 likes this.
  17. AdamS Member

My 206P arrived on Thurs, can't believe how compact it is! Good thing I ordered when I did as I see it's gone back up to £560 now.

Picked up a big bottle of argon yesterday and now just waiting for some consumables and an argon hose to arrive :). If I get time tomorrow I'll rewire the Sealey pedal, then should be ready to go on Monday when the remaining things arrive :D!

Ruffian and daedalusminos like this.
  18. Altintas Member

Build my own torch

• IMG_20201121_172833.jpg
  19. PSweeney Member

Herts
    Anybody got any links to an affordable gas thru dinze connector to connect a CK 3/8 BSP to this machine ?

20. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

A gas thru dinse would suggest a Fronius type affair with a hole straight through and no seperate gas pipe. Do you mean a 3/8" BSP Dinse adapter? They're widely available.

Advertisements