Sherman Tig (Jasic in disguise?)

1. MetalMonkey Member

Has anybody come across these Sherman welders?
    They look basically like a blue polish Jasic at half the price but with only a one year warranty.

I was looking at the 206P vs the 200 pro mini
    I'm guessing the Jasic has a better torch, but the machine itself looks identical.

E.g.

Jasic 200 Pro Mini
    https://www.jasic.co.uk/tig-200p-mini-acdc-inverter-welder

Sherman Digitig 206P AC DC
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sherman-...-200amp-TIG-DC-MMA-pedal-control/183887740742

Presumably the extra 700+ quid extra is buying you just the 5 year warranty and UK back-up, unless there is something fundamentally different with the machine.

2. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

stuvy likes this.
  3. Bbe555 Member

My guess that it's not quite the same inside. I do believe Jasic make them for other companys at their request so be interesting . What I can tell you is my local company who build our stainless gear have 6 of jasics mini and are a fab little machine which in comparison are night and day to the likes of Rtech and stuff. They let me have bash and after only 10 mins it was enough for me to sell my Rtechs and purchase one.

Memmeddu likes this.
  4. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

Same externally, not the same internally. Plus with the Jasic you get the support of some of the best service engineers in the industry + one of the nicest workshops i've ever seen.

5. Bbe555 Member

Also many times the jasic has hidden menus as in putting it into lift tig which you cant on the front panel . One phone call and Gareth makes an mp4 video of the hidden menus and shows how it's done and all within 30 mins . Priceless

6. MetalMonkey Member

Hi Tom, do you have any more information on what the differences are?

Obviously the Jasic comes with the benefit of UK support and warranty which is not to be trivialised and is an important part of the package - however on paper both machines have identical specifications and the units appear identical. It would be good to know where the cost engineering has been done inside or where the Jasic stands out.

I am aware that the mini is also branded under Razorweld for the US/AU markets, and pricing on these is the equivalent of £ 900 - 1000 which is more in line with the Jasic, so the Sherman unit does appear to be considerably cheaper, which does ring alarm bells.

7. fizzy Forum Supporter

uk
    I will bet they are pretty much the same - amazing how many things get rebranded and upsold.
    Then again the Chinese will rip off other Chinese companies and copy stuff. The only way to tell is look inside each.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  8. weldequip Forum Sponsor

They don't even look the same externally to me, the case mouldings are different and from a cheaper plastic. They'll be a copy.

Hopefuldave and 500e like this.
  9. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

Interesting @Bbe555 what other menus hidden

10. Bbe555 Member

Well when I asked about no lift tig you can hold buttons down whilst turning on and it gives you 01 . 02 and so on and they have a meaning. If I can remember 08 was HF on or of so on . I will see if I can dig the video out.

11. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    interesting - is that Jasic UK's workshop, then?

Service engineers seem to be thin on the ground for a lot of well established welding brands, and some are getting worse, I won't mention names but you'll know a few of who I mean, I guess.

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  12. weldequip Forum Sponsor

They have fourteen, in house. Best in the business. Their service facilities are also the best in the business.

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  13. Tom Orrow L

It is indeed, as Steve said, they've got plenty of them and they're all known as the best in the business.. They've also just spent £150,000 into their workshops. They'll let you go and visit if you ask.

14. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    Fair play. Part of their Wilkinson Star statement:
    Seems reasonable with the amount of lacklustre offerings on the market. If only they could guarantee they didn't run slave labour... some of their products are as good as anything else coming out of china, and it's the support that counts :dontknow:

They aren't ever going to go head to head with top-end american/german machines, but they don't need to... The number of local welding shops selling low to midrange machines now is unreal.

15. stuvy

stuvy Member

What’s the equivalent jassic priced at? We had one where I used to work but i never once saw it unpacked!

16. Bbe555 Member

Depends where you go but I can pick them up for 1200 inc vat

17. Bbe555 Member

In fact i may have a brand new one including foot pedal for 1000
    If your looking for the Jasic mini I may have a new one coming up shortly brand new and with footpedal . I purchased a few but mis judged it so jobs done and I have a brand new one left. 3 weeks old unused . 1000.

18. stuvy

stuvy Member

@Bbe555 if your not in a rush I’m interested but Iv got an expensive month ahead with hopefully a new car on the horizon

19. chrisg3103

chrisg3103 Forum Supporter

Thought id resurrect this thread instead of starting one, because its to only thread i could find on the sherman 206P!

Despite what anyone says im almost 100% convinced this machine was nailed together by jasic, so much so i bought one, and im now even more convinced...

20191214_185453.jpg
    My evidence so far, this is my 206P ^ promptly delivered from Poland with a pedal for the princely sum of £560, a big risk if it goes up in smoke..
    First the only difference i can see to the jasic version is the printing on the control panel, the threaded torch gas connection on the front (rectus on the back and includes a pipe connector) the black plastic is not rubberised. Everything else identical.
    Second if you look at the cable, its printed xuanhua, same as jasic supply if you look at the jasic 360 model. Ok hardly damning but its another tick.
    I have not had it apart but peering in through the vents all the boards have QR code stickers, indicative of a decent quality controlled production environment, also the bus bars are copper, not aluminum or solder laced pcb's.

Fired it up and it has all the features of the jasic, thought it did away with the electrode selection function to save money but its there, again its just down to the printing on the control panel, just not labeled in the sherman. Now this is my first tig, sort of, have an ancient BOC argonarc but never used it...
    So started on some AC welding on aluminium i had laying about, as you do first time out :laughing:
    After about half an hour i was getting the hang of it, and then the fan came on, thats right, fan on demand as well!

From my very, very limited experience its a cracking little machine, super smooth 20191214_185503.jpg
    20191214_185530.jpg
    This is my first attempt at AC and my second time on a tig, have a lot to learn.

So here is an offer, if anyone out there has a jasic 200p they fancy possibly invalidating their warranty by removing the covers, ill do the same to see if they are actually the same inside.
    So far im quite pleased with the sherman, being nearly £1000 cheaper than the jasic (£1327 + £180 for pedal) but its a risk, if anything goes wrong im pretty much on my own :whistle:

20. Tom Orrow L

There's no doubt about it, it's 100% made by Jasic. They'll make for anyone in any colour as long as they buy enough. The difference with the UK Jasics is that you get modified and uprated components and some of the best support in the country from Wilkinson Star.

Memmeddu and fizzy like this.
Advertisements