Camper conversion, no turning back now

1. stuvy

stuvy Member

Like yourself I’m into my stereo set ups and I too have a JBL Bluetooth speaker

Parm, Ashley Burton and SteScouse like this.
  2. SteScouse

SteScouse Forum Supporter

Only thing i have to blue tooth it to mate is phone. But got lots of cd's and stereo in loft has plug in mp3 capability too

Thats no use to me but is for my daughter. Not long since i had cassettes in my cars lol

Hopefuldave and slim_boy_fat like this.
  3. Ashley Burton

Ashley Burton Member

My battery is 230ah, I can be off grid without running my engine for a couple of days!

Hopefuldave and SteScouse like this.
  4. SteScouse

Thats a useful length of time mate but doubt I'll be stationery that long. If i am and leisure battery goes low I'll either do without or take van for a drive

5. SteScouse

They look good value, might get one anyway, cheers chaps !

Parm likes this.
  6. Parm

Parm I have fun doing stuff

Lol, they are pretty good, can’t remember the model no but it was 90 quid, and I’m not allowed to have one. It won’t be cool for him if dad has the same one !

Edit: just checked with him, it’s the Charge 4. It really does make a nice noise

slim_boy_fat, stuvy and SteScouse like this.
  7. SteScouse

I wont use it, but my daughter will. Want her to have as much use of van as she likes so that may be a good addition

Parm likes this.
  8. Parm

Parm I have fun doing stuff

If your daughter is like my kids then she won’t want an old fashioned stereo, heavens forbid, what will she plug her iPhone into?

Sorry I meant connect via Bluetooth, connecting anything with a cable is so last year

9. SteScouse

Yeah, she has the obligatory iPhone. Left to me van would get a 8 track stereo. Can still remember one that was fitted to our Cortina as a kid

Hopefuldave and Parm like this.
  10. stuvy

stuvy Member

I had a Buick with one was a great sound like Betamax vs vhs only one prevailed

I still go to the sound awards and they have moved on slowly but the sounds have such clarity compared to before

Exuptoy, SteScouse and Parm like this.
  11. The thing is these days there is no need to spend upward of £500-£1000 with the likes of Sony/Kenwood/Trio (there's a blast from the past)/Blaupunkt etc for high end audio when the stuff coming out from Asia etc is fully up to date with full connectivity and so cheap.
    I have a Xtron 7inch double din set up in my camper which includes reversing camera, screen mirroring, 2 sd micro slots, 2 x usb, gps nav, cd, dvd, bluetooth and the only thing I'd like to add would be apple CarPlay but this unit cost me just £119 although I had the RC from an old system.

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  12. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

The electronics equivalent of 'Dad Dancing'.....:D

Hopefuldave and Parm like this.
  13. mike os

mike os just a little insane.....

New rules on DVLA apparently

14. SteScouse

Important camper purchase today..... The loo !!!!!

Hoping tmw to start on the insulation and laminate

Hopefuldave and roofman like this.
  15. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

I have a ship painters rubber bucket in mine with 25 liters of soapy water in a container...its for liquids only i must add:whistle: Enjoying your thread btw:thumbup:

SteScouse and stuvy like this.
  16. Kayos

Kayos Member

Have to disagree with that, I've a couple of modern Alpine units, fairly high end stuff, connected to the same speakers they will knock the spots of cheap chinese stuff

I used to do the odd SQ competition in the past

Hopefuldave and stuvy like this.
  17. minimutly Member

Our old camper didn't have a solar panel, we were allways looking for a campsite with hookup. The new(er) one has a solar panel on the roof and charging system. Without doubt this makes the biggest difference between the two, by miles. So my advice is to look for a 1m by .5m system. Top priority, you won't regret it.

stuvy and SteScouse like this.
  18. SteScouse

Cheers mate, hoping to have more photos soon.

Think your wise with the liquids onlyrule. Besides, it's a good excuse to visit country pubs eh

roofman and Hopefuldave like this.
  19. SteScouse

I'll look into it mate, but might be for next year. My next priority is ordering front discs and pads. Ones on it ok but not a load of life left in them. Peace of mind type thing if ya get me

minimutly likes this.
  20. minimutly Member

Ok, top priority, after stopping..

stuvy and SteScouse like this.
Advertisements