Yet another 110, but this time with a cummins

1. stuvy

stuvy Member

Your right in both accounts it was built by them

Secondly the owner is not my cup of tea and insert a derogatory sentence of your own please

Parm likes this.
  2. Parm

Parm I have fun doing stuff

Ie it a picture somewhere on on my work laptop

stuvy and Tinbasherdan like this.
  3. Morrisman

Morrisman Forum Supporter

I saw a land rover with what I think was a 6bt in it at Oulton Park race track last year, some vintage racing event.

Nice tidy installation, but the best part was the twin turbo job, with the first turbo plumbed directly into the second one. Never seen that before, but it makes sense, two stage compression.

4. Tinbasherdan

Tinbasherdan Bodger in chief

Compound charging, the little one spoils up the big one :D

stuvy and Morrisman like this.
  5. stuvy

stuvy Member

Yep as fitted to cars for years like BMW’s etc

6. stuvy

stuvy Member

Would be interested to see more of that

Morrisman likes this.
  7. Morrisman

I thought I took a photo but can’t find it now. :dontknow:

stuvy likes this.
  8. stuvy

stuvy Member

9. pitmole Member

swuk
    cummins pump is 110 bar, pretty sure lr pump will be 85 bar, the cummins pump has a constant flow valve in it and some also have a prv as well which is the bit you need to change the spring in, but I'de just connect it to your steering box and worry about the pressure later, you might find that as the cummins is so vastly heavy compared to the lr lump you need the extra power. You can also get a 12v starter for the 6bt.

10. Tinbasherdan

Lads have tried connecting the pump straight up and it blew the box. 12v started can be bought but it was cheaper to wire it for 24

11. pressbrake1

pressbrake1 Member

essex england
    Big diesel suck on 12v why else would merc, landcruiser etc etc go to the bother of split start set ups!
    Steering pump will kill it as soon as you hit full lock

Tinbasherdan likes this.
  12. Morrisman

13. Tinbasherdan

stuvy likes this.
  14. Woody.v8

Woody.v8 Blue gluer

Just thinking outside the box ,what about using an electric steering pump? We use them on the stockcar off a saxo/106 running a ldv steering box , useful if you need steering with the engine off and you can locate it wherever you like.

stuvy likes this.
  15. Tinbasherdan

I had considered that but I’m keen to stay away from as much elektrickery as I can. Need to get my grubby little mitts on a transit alternator with vacuum pump too while I think on

16. sako243

sako243 Member

Aww, but if you had one of our electric steering systems we can make remote control for you too (as in wireless not relocated somewhere else in the vehicle) so if you've got a scary bit of off-road you can get out and drive it remotely ;). They're pretty reliable too, not had any issues with them being used in the film industry for some very big films, same can't be said for the vehicles used...

rtcosic, slim_boy_fat, indy4x and 2 others like this.
  17. Tinbasherdan

Oh I know they’re good, we’ve used on on the drag truck, but I just like mechanical things :)

stuvy and Parm like this.
  18. Tinbasherdan

Losing the will to carry on now. Not been in a great place for a while anyways and this thing is conspiring to do me in. Go to test starter - it’s seized solid, needs a new solenoid. Fair enough it’s a second hand engine. Buy a pair of batteries, dead. Return them, go to Halfords, get a new set of yuasa batteries- ones dead and won’t charge. Get that replaced and do the wiring. Connect it all up and the brand new 12/24v relay is goosed and is live when it shouldn’t be

roofman likes this.
  19. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

Jesus mate that's a run of bad luck that i aint seen for a long time if any:(...dont know what to advise Dan except don't cross the road for a few days:whistle:

stuvy and slim_boy_fat like this.
  20. Tinbasherdan

just fed up mate, the engines sound, i dont have an issue with the starter being knackered its one of those things, but the rest? engine mounts were a shower of sh**, conversion plate is a shambles and needed reworking. everything i buy seems to be knackered in some way and its getting really wearing now

stuvy likes this.
Advertisements