Today I acquired...........

1. mr migwire

mr migwire It's more fun with metal.

could be doing with some of that kind of kit at the railway preservation group i volunteer with, network rail are tight ar$ ed and hard to get anything out of... :(

2. sardine

sardine Member

A few years ago I saw a bloke wheeling a brand new 12 v marine fridge freezer to the bins in a marina. I went to get my wheels, and wheeled it to my boat expecting it to be goosed. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I sold it the same day for £300 .

Posh boaters tend to leave a trail of unwanted chandlery behind them where ever they go. ( thank god )

Keith 66 and julianthegypsy like this.
  3. ukracer Forum Supporter

Today I acquired 2014-11-16 11.44.40-1.jpg a Hard Top for My Navara for the princely total of £21.... ;) ;)

edd, julianthegypsy and brightspark like this.
  4. antonio costa

antonio costa Member

Not exactly today but yesterday morning I made a great deal on a Optrel auto mask, it was the last one that they had. I saw it up online and run to the store do buy it, cound't let a deal like this fly away.
    http://www.paljor.pt/lojaonline/index.php?id_product=371&controller=product

In £ it was about 40£, great deal in my umble opinion.
    I was really needing a new auto dark helmet

5. antonio costa

antonio costa Member

here it is, the ones with the more cool graphics were already sold out the only one left was the plain black one

• IMG_1787.JPG
  6. owas

owas Member

When did schools start just scrapping things?
    My primary school always had clear outs of old tables/desks/chairs/ shelving ect for cheap rather than chucking it away

7. ukracer Forum Supporter

When they got sued for a desk breaking and dropping on someones foot....its called the American culture. :(

brightspark likes this.
  8. anjum Member

Nothing compared to one major public company throwing out huge bits of gear. E.g compressors the size of a van, Welders the size of a car, huge industrial grinders, Facom and britool sockets and wrenches, air guns etc etc etc.

9. mr migwire

mr migwire It's more fun with metal.

i remember my cousin and my dad bringing gensets, hand tools, power tools, and a whole host of other stuff out of the dock yard when they were back shift. all of the kit they got was the proceeds of skip raking, a good freind works in faslane base and brings loads of cctv kit that gets skipped including brandnew cameras that they recon are no use due to newer kit getting fitted. and they wonder why the country is struggling.....

10. DanielW

DanielW Member

Get to know your local scrap chaser,even if he's a pikey.

The one I knew before I moved into where I am now,he used to give me a knock every now and again with his van doors open and asking me anything of interest in here before I weigh it in.

What do want for those 12 boxes of occasion card printing plates made from Zinc,big ones as well as small ones,£15 I give him.
    Sold the lot to a printing firm for £60.

The guy was out from 8 in the morning till 12 midnight,coming home a couple of times for something to eat in between scrapyard and mooching around in skips and industrial sites.

these SS tables that have been cropping up on here is nothing compared to what he had in his van now and again all from schools and derelict works canteens giving the security guard a dropsie here and there when came into contact with them.

I could write a book on his day to day scrapping.

roofman likes this.
  11. Bill Edwards Member

Yeah, it's all very well dealing with these scrappy types and in theory it should work well.

However, I've yet to meet an honest one.
    How often can you be sure that the stuff from xxx place is actually what you are told, and not somebodies business/livelihood that's suddenly been ripped apart.

12. Kayos

Kayos Member

Today I got an old wheelchair lift from Optima21

Will be mounted to a trailer to aid collecting and moving engines on my own

optima21 likes this.
  13. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

Yep being born and bred from the North End of Birkenhead i know a few of these too:D I still have Mooching rights today with one of them who calls me with all sorts of good stuff (legit mind)

14. sardine

sardine Member

Sheet of 1mm stainless, 1160 x 3240 mm , that's got to be worth a bomb ?

15. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

I don't know what happened to the gear in my middle school when it closed but everyone was saying it would be auctioned, I think it was donated to other schools. I would have a look inside but I think there's a security guard squatting in there.:laughing:

16. sardine

sardine Member

Well I've now got one of these, looks nice but useless.
    [​IMG]

17. captain-destructo

captain-destructo all the gear no idea

depends weather you had baked beans for tea :whistle:

18. sardine

sardine Member

No, sennapod vindaloo, prunes, and 5 pints of Guinness.

19. Wedg1e

Wedg1e They call me Mr. Bodge-angles

No curried egg? Tut ;)

20. eSCHEn

eSCHEn Bit Wrangler Staff Member

Mmm egg curry is delicious. Sprout curry is super nice :)

Advertisements