Today I acquired...........

1. monkeymark Member

Co. Durham, UK
    Ok, I thought It could be fun/interesting to mention the things you've acquired.

I don't mean bought but the items you've found/salvaged/bartered for or liberated. And perhaps your ideas if you have plans for them.

I'll go first then.

Today work threw out a walk behind sweep machine that was utter rubbish from the day we got it.
    From this I've got some wheels, a hefty 12v battery thats probably toast, the smart charger off it (decent) and a 12v motor.

There was also one of those spinning floor buffer things. The wheels, switches and hefty 230v motor are now in my garage.

Plans; not sure yet. The motors should both be reasonably high torque. May use to power hydraulic pump if I cant get an electric one cheap.

The wheels maybe for a welding cart.

If nothing else they will nicely fill the space I just cleared in my garage. :)

2. AndyStobbs Member

Just been given some lifting slings. Winner.

3. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

I found about 2 feet of train track for an anvil. I've also found some descent pliers before and loads of drill bits and milling cutters.

4. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

I liberated a load of ratchet straps from a skip. Took them into work, bunged them in the box for testing and a few weeks later had 7 fully tested ratchet straps rated to 5T

5. mr migwire

mr migwire It's more fun with metal.

5 tins of emulsion paint (various colours) cork notice board and several rolls of flat twin and earth, happy days.

6. atomant48

atomant48 Member

Salisbury UK
    I got a steel computer desk type thing on casters which will make a perfect mobile tool trolley/work bench.

7. Monday I had a nice dentists chair, fully adjustable with a slight tear in the edge of the vinyl on the back rest, rescued from behind a dental clinic. Today just another empty dumpy sack which I collect to store my logs in.

8. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

Just taken a cuppa up stairs to her indoors, in bed, and secreted one of the the 2way radios I found, under the covers. Calmly walked down stairs and then TX'd the biggest raspberry in could muster.
    I gave it a sec and then shouted "I heard that down stairs":laughing:I haven't laughed so much in ages

9. edd Member

Pulled from the scrap skip at work, one of the lads swapped it off his workbench for a nice new blue vice.
    And yes the nice new blue vice is a no name 30 quid article.
    20140929_195721.jpg

Thank the lord there are people like that in this world!

10. Rig Pig

Rig Pig Member

It amazes me what people and company's throw away!

11. Wedg1e

Wedg1e They call me Mr. Bodge-angles

A few years ago one of our customers up in the Pennines closed down; I went along to decommission their x-ray system and while I was there walked past several 50 gallon oil drums full of milling cutters, mostly still in the anti-rust coating.
    I liberated a few side/face jobbies, kept the 1" bore ones for my horizontal mill and put the 1.5" bore ones on Ebay. Didn't sell one, they're still here :(

Rig Pig likes this.
  12. Richard07

Richard07 Member

4 sheets of 3/4 inch 8x4 ply, 15 quid each.

13. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

When cable colours were Harmonised in 2006, our boss said we'd got to get rid of all the SWA in the "old" colours, so we did, lets just say the 4 of us in maintenance had a nice Christmas bonus that year :whistle: :laughing:

14. chunkolini

chunkolini celebrity artiste

I declare Edd the winner
    and Shox Dr prat of the week.
    Did she laugh?

edd likes this.
  15. sardine

sardine Member

Just rounded up 15 scrap 100 ah batteries from a boatyard, off to the scrappy :drunk:

julianthegypsy likes this.
  16. Shox Dr

What do you think

17. chunkolini

Any acts of violence committed.

18. Shox Dr

No. Just a groan:laughing: or should that be moan

chunkolini likes this.
  19. chunkolini

got off lightly then

20. Shox Dr

She's not a bad lass, just tapped in the heed:whistle::laughing:

All she said when I told her I was buying the Speed Triple was; don't kill yourself.

Advertisements