Are all the sides like that John?
It is not quite as good at the ends but very acceptable
Dear god. Poor old Matt & me have got Hypertherms and are miles away from them results
My guess is @MattH won't have soon. . Its not that far up the M5
The torch adjuster on the extreme table is just a simple friction joint .
I use a set square to set it up .
If / when you crash it the torch just moves out of the way .
Some times the easy way is the best
The shape of the plasma arc will always give taper .
Getting the torch height so the centre of the arc is in the centre of the plate is the secret
Good quality cons are a must
Lifting the air pressure also makes a big difference
I’ve just cut some 12mm and I’ve got 1° of taper, so it points towards settings for the 5mm plate being out if I’m getting 3°
The software is programming a speed of 1750 and voltage of 136v
can anyone compare theirs?
I’ve done some dry runs as instructed by swift cut and I’m at 1.7mm torch height if I stop the cut. I guess that’s not a million miles away from 1.5mm
On the 45xp at 45A the manual only specifies 4mm or 6mm speeds.
2000mm/min is between the two and what I have been using (although I have tried casters and slower).
My arc voltage is always really low, I presume because the control cab and THC is at one end if the table and the plasma is 9’ away at the other end and I presume I’m getting voltage drop over the run.
from memory I’m at 108v and that gives 1.5mm but the manual is more like 128v.
I, on the other hand have to raise the voltage from the book spec as my torch to material height is too low. It gives a nice cut but the top dross (small little specks) that files accross the top of the material being cut can and does buildup around the shield and eventually force the torch up. This has the effect of raising the voltage which the THC then moves down to compensate, tripping the torch height limit and shutting the machine down. I keep an eye as it is cutting and vary the torch voltage to stop this from happening. I can use up to 10v higher than the book spec. Another method of reducing this is to wipe the shield with 'tip dip'gel' at every second or third pierce, just after the rapid move from one spot to another. This very much helps in those little particles not sticking in the first place, also the pierces have far less dross on top. We learn as we go and the more we do the better we get, I always thought that the plasma will be just press the button and off it goes, no need to look at it, just come back when it is finished. This does happen on repetitive jobs that have been fine tuned. It would also help if I did more, I have a run on plasma cutting and then it all stops
I’ve cut some 6mm today, and the quality just isn’t acceptable. It’s miles away from how it was when we got the plasma.
I don’t know what’s happened but something is definitely wrong, just the amount of dross is wrong.
This is so bad I’m gonna have to outsource these parts. Which means this table is actually costing more than if we didn’t have one at all.
Any feedback from Swiftcut?
Can you enter feeds manually in the code instead of letting the machines software do it, also then adjusting the THC voltage on the fly to get the correct height?
Is it nice clean plate?
Long shot I know but I don't suppose the plate is the same piece of steel you had issues with previously, I was cutting 2mm last week, first sheet was perfect, second sheet started getting more dross and some of the fine details were melting away, tried everything and got it very slightly better but still a long way from good, finished using the second sheet and loaded a 3rd one in and instantly back to perfect.
No different piece of steel mate
These were coming out perfect before. im at my wits end. This is just costing time now and jobs.
Nothing that isn’t on the Hypertherm website. They’ve said 5° taper is acceptable
They can have the table back if they won’t support it.
slight surface rust, I’ve cut worse with better results.
Looking at the plate, its reasonable, but I'd have given that an extra volt or so... really rough plate up by a couple...looking at the way the cut edge and dross is, I'd say your cut speed is too fast.
When you did initial setup test cuts, and changed the default speeds and voltages in the libellula, are they saving? Theres a sequence to saving them, I think you had to save, then close the libellula software and restart before they take effect.
Most of the default settings we eventually put in from test cuts etc were a good few V higher than the HT default settings.
You can edit the gcode in notepad and change feed rate etc for trial cuts.
There was no setup test cuts. It worked right from the box. I’ve not changed any speeds or volts.
I’ve just swapped back to our original swirl ring, and a new electrode, with an original nozzle.
Cuts have got better
**Language** knows what’s going on.
It has just cut this after going back to the original consumables.
I’m completely lost to be honest. I’ll just have to carry on with these consumables till they don’t work no more.
Taper is probably a degree or so.
I feel for you mate, I'm at my wits end with my table with the 45xp.
I just can't get consistent results with clean cuts and low dross.
Separate names with a comma.