Oh no not another Willys Gasser build, this time a Willys shop truck

1. CompoSimmonite Member

Not Safe For Work.
    Normally means content is either "rude" or in the case of your threads will stop a person working for a long time whilst they drool over the quality of your workmanship :clapping:

Paul H

2. octo0072000

octo0072000 Member

Steve with your build threads have you thought of expanding them a bit more into a book
    im sure you could do a Ebook and sell loads at shows with little trouble your work is always top notch
    all the best Ross

3. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

just caught this thread, haven't read it yet as its fairly long already, will give it a proper look in work tonight. looking forward to seeing another gasser willy's build though, the last one was amazing

4. langy

langy langys rodshop

I stock them Norm, £15 each forged polished stainless.

5. langy

langy langys rodshop

Your not the first to suggest that but its time mate thats the constricting factor.

6. langy

langy langys rodshop

Hahaha, I will have to remember that one mate.

7. Wallace

Wallace Member

If you're in work then read the 44 page original on the NSRA Forum. :D

brokenbiker likes this.
  8. MG David Member

Warwick UK
    Its when I see a thread like this that I think one day I will build my own car. Its amazing how much work goes into the small details like brackets but that is what sets a good one apart from a crate.

9. normspanners Member

northwales
    Have you a contact number?
    pm if you like
    thanks Norm

10. langy

langy langys rodshop

No probs 07836 244483

11. langy

langy langys rodshop

Been collecting the parts for the braking system hydrulics, I really like the old style look of brass fittings and copper pipe, obviously copper is a nono for brakes so I will substitute Kunifer (Cupro-Nickel) for that.
    I thought it would be easy to find all the fittings in brass but it appears a lot of them are not about, well not in imperial anyway, Anyway I found brass imperial 3/8" unf tee's easily enough, not so easy to find unf tube nuts though, anyway long story short I bought a selection of hexagon brass bar and popped into my mate Brians who just happens to have a small CNC setup, anyway poped back next day and he had produced me 50 x 3/8"UNF tube nuts [​IMG] Not only that but he copied the bleed screws that were in the cylinders too [​IMG]

The other problem piece was I wanted to use thru the frame fittings so these too had to be made on the lathe, these were made from 3/4" hexagon brass bar, they were turned down to 9/16" and threaded 9/16" -18, nuts were made from the offcuts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. langy

langy langys rodshop

Been collecting the parts for the braking system hydrulics, I really like the old style look of brass fittings and copper pipe, obviously copper is a nono for brakes so I will substitute Kunifer (Cupro-Nickel) for that.
    I thought it would be easy to find all the fittings in brass but it appears a lot of them are not about, well not in imperial anyway, Anyway I found brass imperial 3/8" unf tee's easily enough, not so easy to find unf tube nuts though, anyway long story short I bought a selection of hexagon brass bar and popped into my mate Brians who just happens to have a small CNC setup, anyway poped back next day and he had produced me 50 x 3/8"UNF tube nuts [​IMG] Not only that but he copied the bleed screws that were in the cylinders too [​IMG]

The other problem piece was I wanted to use thru the frame fittings so these too had to be made on the lathe, these were made from 3/4" hexagon brass bar, they were turned down to 9/16" and threaded 9/16" -18, nuts were made from the offcuts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. mike os

mike os just a little insane.....

nice to have mates like that :D

14. langy

langy langys rodshop

Mike the hotrod community is just like a load of mates worldwide, thats why my project is on many forums, I've made great friends all over the world through hotrodding.

mike os likes this.
  15. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    Amazing work as usual, how you stay focused is beyond me! I love the "warts and all" photos showing the before and after of the finishing. The column mount looked lovely in black but the little finishers in the holes really add something.

How many times while sitting eating or watching tv do you pop out and check an idea that you've had and then end up still there at 02:00am?

16. davenport Member

england, cambs
    Love that colomn drop piece.. it really does look more forged than fabricated... some real nice details sir....

17. langy

langy langys rodshop

I don't go back in the shop once I come out, all my designing is done in my head usually in the bath :laughing: I never write anything down or do drawings etc, I just shut my eyes and imagine what I want it to look like, then I go make it.

mike os and Parm like this.
  18. langy

langy langys rodshop

Cheers bud, thats exactly how I wanted it to look so I guess I got it right :clapping:

19. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

Apparently Einstein did some of his best work in the bath - great minds think alike :D.

20. langy

langy langys rodshop

Hahaha

Advertisements