My Boat project, it will be worth it ;)

1. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Or simply Adnan. :laughing:

2. W.olly

W.olly Member

Yes but i dont look like him but my boat looks like his...very similar :)

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  3. brightspark

brightspark Member

I bet you dont look like him hese dead :laughing: was an arms dealer

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  4. W.olly

W.olly Member

I do look rough in the mornings though. feel like a dead man walking at times to.

brightspark and slim_boy_fat like this.
  5. slim_boy_fat

You're going to have to decide on a name soon, clock's a-ticking :D

6. W.olly

W.olly Member

Well thats the choice kida.

Boat Name.png

And tell me. Cant bloody wait. Just need to check on the crane is still ok today. Still not painyed the hull either lol. Not been the weather. And a few fettles loke make the cushions.

Noooo stress

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  7. slim_boy_fat

:thumbup:

8. W.olly

W.olly Member

Had a good day, I JUST managed to get two primers done, i wanted three but heavens opened. I done the second coat and about 15 mins after it chucked it down so not sure how it will be as some of the run off the gunnels runs under the boat to the near the keel. We will see tomorrow.

I will do three coats of paint as and when i can now over the next week.

Also got a new helm fitted as i gave mine to a customer as he wanted an exchange unit which they dont do anymore so i made a new mounting plate for it.

Another job done was the vents to keep the BSS inspector happy so i can get my certificate now.

Three 90mm Clam shell, one Solar vent and a UFO vent.

Sorry i didnt take many pics

20190609_085954.jpg 20190609_090731.jpg 20190609_090518.jpg

20190609_090614.jpg

Then the bigger vents.

20190609_100031.jpg 20190609_135656.jpg

20190609_152808.jpg

Tomorrow is to fit the plaques and fit he helm wheel and make a pin for the steering cable to connect to the engine. Got a few small bits to do but for got now and my list is down stairs and cant be bothered going down for it. I am in bed with T now chilling as she is not well today.

9. awemawson Forum Supporter

Pictures not showing

10. W.olly

W.olly Member

Is that working ?

11. awemawson Forum Supporter

Yes now :)

12. W.olly

W.olly Member

Had a go last week to see if i can make a cushion cover up. I have all the rear locker cushions and interior covers and curtains to make this weekend so wanted to see how easy/hard it is.

I just used some scrap canvas to try it out. I Have some very nice material here for the cushions inside and blue Top Gun same as the canopy for the locker cushions.

Happy with the result [​IMG] .

Please excuse the zip though lol.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Then ones for the boat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

have done a few bits since but a struggle with one arm. steering fitted, tv all done with new ariel

swmbo have helped though as not easy with a pillare drill and nut n bolts with one hand lol.

she is a diamond at times.

Parm and slim_boy_fat like this.
  13. W.olly

W.olly Member

OOoooooooo YES been very busy cruising and luvin life for a change

We have had to come home due to post op on my elbow tomorrow and T has one Wednesday. Lots to do when we get back.

What a cracking few days it has been. Launched on th Lancaster canal Friday afternoon which went ok, It did get a few battle scares just from the straps on the lower chines and gunnel and cabin top, but hey ho, he should of protected them but i will get over it with a quick touch up.

All ended up a bit later than planned, a mate came to give me a hand with it all which was a great help. Slight panic as when we got to the launch site at Ashton Basin Preston there was nowhere to get the boat in. So we moved aNB over a tads and squeezed it between it and scaff poles sticking up out the water lol. bottom twitching moment but the crane driver did a top job.

We spent the night at the basin with take out and copious amounts of Asti love the tarty drinkHad a right laugh with Iain and the rest of the loons from the yard till 1am.

Then up at 6am for prep work like add 125kg of ballast to the bow locker to sit it better. and shopping for supplies around Preston, forgot a hose pipe for water. Not that i needed more onboard as it has a leak at the back end , I fitted a sealed cabin bulkhead so i know it is leaking under the rear deck some where, not a bloody clue where but the bilge pump kicks in every 4-5 hrs and pumps out maybe 3-4 gallon.

But for that its great. We set off Saturday about 2pm to get to Billsboro for tea time which we did around 5:30pm, i was well waiting for a Strawberry cider but they didnt have it know, hey ho Thatchers will do and a fish mix platter. The next day we met up with my Bro and took hi and his girl friend for a cruise, they are coming back done next weekend and stopping on the caravan park near the home mooring, BBQ time i hope.

Well rest was plane sailing to the mooring, oh Barton is amazing, driven past many a time but never knew there was so much to do there and see, the garden centre is the best yet.

When we arrived at the mooring it was a wee bit over grown, a friend cut it back but that was back in February i think and now its this. T stated but then got a bush cutter on it in time for next week, i have ordered some new decking for it and a storage shed for this week when we get back up to it. Oh need a petrol mower aswell.

So there you go a boring few days on the cut

[​IMG] NOT. i was lying there a few time pinching myself to think its been so long i have been afloat and the boat is done but for cosmetics, which you will see in the video when i manage to download them all.

I did attempt a walk around video but failed due to dropping the phone and pausing it etc etc, will try again Thursday when we go back for a few days

Sorry about the videos being wrong angle, camerawomen hey.

We had a stop over after half an hour as there was a problem with the remotes which i fixed, well bodged as i couldnt get the circlips on so used duct tape, still struggling with my elbow to do things.

image: https://i.postimg.cc/qqLzYDPW/20190629-142034.jpg

[​IMG]

image: https://i.postimg.cc/6qw8Mxmd/20190629-142047.jpg

[​IMG]

It was a 3hr or so cruise to the first stop at Billsboro so a few Asti`s was called for
    image: https://i.postimg.cc/FRSSPZsQ/20190629-150333.jpg

[​IMG]

image: https://i.postimg.cc/zDdKXVbW/20190629-150401.jpg

[​IMG]

Got to the first stop in good time, just gutted there was no Strawberry cider on tap this time.

image: https://i.postimg.cc/rpWNDMXT/20190629-172929.jpg

[​IMG]

I was having such a good time i wasnt even bothered about the launch and the state of the paint work afterwards, will give the boat another coat and touch up soon.

image: https://i.postimg.cc/J44xPfJ3/20190629-185712.jpg

[​IMG]

Well that was the first night and it went spiffingly but for th leak which i was still not concerned about fro some odd reason. why stress hey
    We got to the mooring and well, i think it need cutting back a touch again, my mate did it ages ago but since then

image: https://i.postimg.cc/qRWPrkT3/20190630-153559.jpg

[​IMG]

Our Skittles loved the trip aswell, she likes to warn the ducks off lol

image: https://i.postimg.cc/jjFYS6bm/20190630-153327.jpg

[​IMG]

image: https://i.postimg.cc/W3dBxdQV/20190630-204709.jpg

[​IMG]

So i have ordered a 250w solar kit which should be here in a week or so, that will keep my mind at ease for the bilge pump to have power plus more when we use the boat. That will be mounted on the storage shed i have coming aswell next week, in the mean time we will sort the mooring out, needs a mow and more decking fitting which is all ordered for this week.

Interior needs a few cosmetics and wot not but will do a walk around video this week.

I do have to say though the rudder works better than all the others i have used in the past. I was able to cut the engine thrust and still steer well. Got heavier the faster you went but i was cruising at 6-8knots max and was great and kept direction better. around 4 knots perfic.

Captain Faffer

fizzle, zx9, Parm and 11 others like this.
  14. tom 748

tom 748 Member

nice job,the windows dont do it justice, better with the rubbers

W.olly likes this.
  15. slim_boy_fat

Well done on getting her in the water, good writeup too :thumbup:

Will you be changing your username to Pugwash? :scared:. :D

Parm and W.olly like this.
  16. W.olly

W.olly Member

You mean to say rubber sealed/surround windows are better than proper Ally ones ??

Afraid its staying as Captain Faffer, when i change it that is lol.

Been offered another project :) if i do it will be a money earner though as my next keeper will be a much bigger boat.

17. Nick67GT

Nick67GT Member

Great to see the loading and launch! You must be very proud to see all of your hard work come to fruition.

Enjoy and don’t be too hard on yourself with any niggles that might develop - it’s all part of the fun!

slim_boy_fat and W.olly like this.
  18. Carl Wilson Member

The first photo looked like it had been washed up after some catastrophic weather event.

W.olly likes this.
  19. W.olly

W.olly Member

you mean this one. was a tads rough wasnt it lol

[​IMG]

Jlg and slim_boy_fat like this.
  20. yoshie

yoshie Member

Iv'e been following this for ages one of my favourite threads, you must be well chuffed now she's in the water.

Well done.

fixerupper and W.olly like this.
Advertisements