Lorch SpeedPulse-XT

1. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Thanks Matt. Thats what made sense to me but it is hard to tell sometimes what is making the difference.

So I want both the background and the peak to have the wire sitting 1.0mm off the pool?

2. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Yes the arc lengths need to be about 1mm off the weld pool for the peak and back ground.

check in the extras menu on “arc length Control” that it’s set on “0” = Voltage and not “1” = wire.

Then to shorten both arc lengths you need minus numbers eg, less than 100% this will reduce the voltage and shorten the arc length

what are your other settings? Freq, TwinPulse relation and TwinPulse current change?

3. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Don’t give him your secret secret secret settings publicly Matt. They’ll all want one :laughing:

matt1978, eLuSiVeMiTe and 123hotchef like this.
  4. Samuel Oliveira New Member

Who should I address to get a quote for the software update? Germany, local vendor or anyone is ok?

5. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

To update the software on a S Series you need a Can Communication tool/adaptor from to go from the laptop to the machine so you’d be best speaking to service centre local to you

Samuel Oliveira likes this.
  6. Samuel Oliveira New Member

It is a P 4500 speed xt , can it be updated? I am curious about the cost, (and if it is possible)

7. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Updated to what?

If it’s a XT version then it will already have a relatively new version of firmware.

SpeedRoot and SpeedUp and the only process upgrades available for the P XT

8. Samuel Oliveira New Member

My bad, I didn't realice the Pulse options aren't available for the P series. Sorry ^^u

matt1978 likes this.
Advertisements