Land Rover Defender 110 Rebuild

1. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

@KimB This is all very well, but what's the next BIG project on the stocks? :whistle: :)

2. KimB

KimB Member

Uhh sorry, I shouldn't reply when I'm in a bad mood haha. I was fuming.
    Ummm, house next and maybe a bike. I want to import a vintage american car if I can though.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  3. KimB

KimB Member

Haha no. No one would do that with me :( haha. I just work bloody hard and save including investing. Not very well for the latter though. Hehe

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  4. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

What is it they say? "There ain't no substitute for cubic inches" [yes, I know that's a double negative, but they're 'Muricans.....;) :D]

5. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I'm pretty sure this does not apply to TD5s and they do not learn/adjust but I'm happy to be corrected. The coding is actually matched to the output of the injector. In areas where access to a dealer isn't always possible ie places like Africa middle code injectors are supplied.If the original injector was one of the ones at the opposite end to the new one then there could be a noticeable difference

I have Rovacom and Nanocom for TD5 and there is a member on the Rovacom(Blackbox) forum who is one of the biggest names in TD5 tuning and he had a Disco that always had a bit of a knock at idle from when he got it. When the feature to to code the injectors was fully sorted he found one of his had the wrong code in the ECU.

6. KimB

KimB Member

Suppose i best do an update. Had a couple issues recently. Nothing to major. Done 5,000 miles now, it’s just gone over 90,000 in 18years!
    I needed to put a new battery on it and had a wiring issue with the alarm as well recently, nothing that I couldn’t sort out myself. Still a couple bits to sort, hopefully now I can sort it. Was far to cold to do it in the winter.
    Oh, I did have a problem with the heater fan! What a horrible job replacing that. I’ve never sworn so much. It really needs the wing off to fix it.
    I’ve spent about 20h this weekend cleaning him too. Still a couple bits to do but it’s really come up nicely.
    861E6DE7-D8DE-4F7F-88EC-169C52A30FEC.jpeg C5255B43-2B88-4800-9B66-BF63D7B5764C.jpeg C66D6AA3-41F6-4F5B-AC73-C2080D2C0925.jpeg D851BA5A-C750-4026-91F3-2CBBBED09599.jpeg 6EBA4ACB-E486-4D91-B080-22F276C3AE8D.jpeg E32D7CB8-E6B1-4F6C-90A4-53B2B708F16B.jpeg 187C399F-291B-40F8-B00C-4E900D89BE7A.jpeg 12F50B63-0D5C-4CCD-BC10-57FB3A0DB024.jpeg

7. Kayos

Kayos Member

Nice

Now go and get it muddy :)

Parm likes this.
  8. KimB

KimB Member

No, it stays clean :D

Parm, Westfield-builder and Richard. like this.
  9. Kayos

Kayos Member

No words.....

indy4x likes this.
  10. Richard.

Richard. Member

I haven’t been following this thread in detail (far too much to read) but looking at the starting photos and the end results I’ve gotta say what an awesome job you’ve made of it.
    Well done Kim :thumbup:

KimB and colnerov like this.
  11. colnerov

colnerov Member

You've got stronger willpower than me.:)

KimB likes this.
  12. Migmac

Migmac Member

Have to say that he does look good and I’m not the biggest Landie fan!

13. brewdexta

brewdexta Member

Yorkshire
    Awesome! I miss my 90. Love the Disco 3 but not the bills. I'm too scared to buy another defender, too many have been stolen near me even ones with alarms, pedal/wheel clamps and chains. New one will be a hairdressers car so I've put my name down for a Bollinger when they arrive in a couple of years.

14. arther dailey Member

congrats on finishing the project,so many people fall down and dont complete major rebuilds,obviously you are made of the proper stuff. its a credit to you thats for sure.

BarrieJ and colnerov like this.
  15. rtcosic

rtcosic Member

It does look lovely.
    But like a few others I cannot get my head around a Land Rover without dents, bramble scratches, some sort of trailer hanging off the back and cow muck half way up the side window.

indy4x likes this.
  16. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    @KimB it looks truly amazing. Credit to the people who painted it too, not easy with all those flat panels and a dark colour.Your story would make a great feature in LRO.

KimB likes this.
  17. rambo Member

essex
    Looks bloody good!
    My 110;
    SNV30972_zps0da2d6fe.jpg

andy_v, migmag, gav0994 and 1 other person like this.
  18. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Shiny shiny don't let anyone near it. :D

KimB likes this.
  19. p0689109 Member

I thought you rebuilt the heater so what was the problem with it?

20. sako243

sako243 Member

Mines never that clean...
    FB_IMG_1475783400158.jpg
    Although it's going to be treated its first and probably only professional valet later in the year as I've been asked to be the wedding car by some friends.

lazybones51, andy_v, KimB and 2 others like this.
Advertisements