Isocyanate free 2k paint

1. lchris21

lchris21 Member

There doesn't seem much point.........

I did give them a bell, but I anticipated the telephone conversation..................did you do this?, did you do that?, was the temp this was the temp that?............

They offered me a discount on my next order......................:whistle:

Believe me I enjoy a good consumer battle as much as Anne Robinson :mad:

as I said time to move on and get it done

2. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    dont think ive ever seen anyone thats used it and been happy with the results

3. vw1

vw1 Member

I brought this paint from jawel early on in the year for some chassis parts for my 70's beetle. I was told I could paint brush it on but I have not used it yet . Think I may never use it now from your results ..

4. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    if brushing there wouldnt be much risk at all using proper 2k ...no mist to get in your lungs

5. jddevel New Member

So after a few years I`d like an update please from anyone who has used this Jawel non-isocyanate paint. I note that much of the criticism was levelled at the fact that it remained soft. Was/has this since been sorted. Was the answer infra red heater or has the product been improved.

6. Once bitten, twice shy with me. I have not even used up what I had in stock!

7. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    heh never dared try it after the bad comments , sounded like it wasnt fit for use

8. jddevel New Member

I realize that there will always obviously be a reluctance to use a product with adverse reviews however if there are/where success stories what was done in a different way. I find it difficult to accept that a long standing company wouldn`t have reviewed their product bearing in mind the issues that have occurred.

9. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

I'd say if the isocyanates are still been used is a safe bet it's still no good, I've never used it but I could see iso been banned if there was a good alternative

Dcal and ajlelectronics like this.
  10. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Dcal likes this.
  11. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

12. MyHouseIsOnFire New Member

Is this a synthetic paint from Jawl?

13. owas

owas Member

14. MyHouseIsOnFire New Member

I knew it, there is an alternative Hardener you can add to 2k paints. Thanks

15. owas

owas Member

How are we testing hardness? I have a helmet I used the body convertor stuff on, was a while ago but I remember wet sanding it within a week and not having an issue :dontknow:

Advertisements