Gertie the 73 VW T2 bay window

1. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

and you will get enjoyment from it when done

2. I do hope so. Already have a T5 which is almost ready for camping so the T2 will just be for fun.

3. This is how the T5 stands. Never tell I was a
    Spark could you?:D
    [​IMG]

Member 66062 likes this.
  4. the snooper

that looks nice, pimp my ride :D

5. :whistle: Thanks:cool:

6. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Passion wagon? :whistle: :laughing:

7. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

More like a copulation carriage, I think.

8. Well, still not done anymore to the T2, I really do need to do something to get the bug again, however the T5 is now complete (and redesigned!). :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Terrapin Member

UK Wirral
    What an example of perseverance. Well done. Great to watch your progress.

10. bauderline New Member

Great thread, love the T5 interior ! Hopefully you get stuck back into the T2 in the new year !!

11. Still here, still done no more work on the bus but I am now building another garage to store the bikes so when they are out then theres nothing to stop me from doing work.
    I now have a triumph Street Triple R and have just finished restoring a 28 year old CBR1000FK.

When I say building a new garage what I mean is the footings are dug and cages ready to pour the footings. Garage won't be until next year though. No rush eh? As I say too many projects on the go.

[​IMG]

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/exuptoy/Jabberwocky/FC6C13AA-8614-425B-ACA6-924DB51E0C4B_zpsj4wm4nts.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/exuptoy/Jabberwocky/1B47A7F8-DF28-4FF3-8E70-23FE6C097428_zpsi35sxlu2.jpg

12. t25 Member

Nice bike, CBR1000FK, a bit of a classic :thumbup:

13. Cheers dude. Cost me a couple of hundred and found in a field where it had been left without a cover for 2 years! Owes me a further grand now and it's probably only worth a few hundred more than that with 60k on the clocks but it rides very nice and passed the MOT first time. I didn't do a bare metal resto, just a sympathetic one with some fresh paint here and there, fresh fluids, new bearings, pads and pins, powder coated wheels and certain cycle parts and a recovered seat.

Shox Dr likes this.
  14. the snooper

bike looking great, that vw needs finishing, didn't realise it was 2 years ago, you will only need a brush and shovel if you don't crack on with it :laughing:

Wallace, slim_boy_fat and Parm like this.
  15. Haha. I know. It's not really gotten any worse as it's inside but as we all know, slowly they're decomposing but you don't see it. I was stupid starting this really but after I was told I'd be better off scrapping it due to the state of the chassis, it was kinda my goal then to prove the guy wrong! The biggest issue back then was the rear chassis section but that's probably better than the rest of it now! :)

16. the snooper

Same here, if I'm told it can't be done I'll go all out to do it, you need some motivation :D

Parm likes this.
  17. The lump is being stripped down tomorrow to see how bad she is. I know it has excess end float but I'm gonna check the flywheel end to see just how bad it is, then it's going to be pulled apart down to the crankcase and then in a month when he has the time it is being dropped off to Tudor Morgan in West Wales who rebuilds these. I'm going to get the bottom end rebuilt as the guy does all the line boring and stuff and fits oversize shells etc. I don't mind sorting out the top end etc but I don't have the facility or inclination to recover the bottom end and there is no way I'm paying Heritage the best part of £3k for a lump!
    I know it's not taking the chassis in the right direction but it means something is moving forward which I hope will give me the impetus to do a bit more.

I really hate having the bikes in the same space as the bus though! I'm not ruining £7k worth of bikes with grinding and welding sparks for £800 worth of old camper.

18. the snooper

no not worth ruining the bikes, ive got unfinished stuff aswell and its been left untouched longer then 2 years :laughing:

19. :clapping::thumbup:

20. monky harris Member

Are you a member on " the late bay forum" ?
    lots of useful stuff on there..

Advertisements