Got a good start today hoping to get loads done. Today's job is making new spindle pulleys. The only suitable motor I have is a single phase 1450rpm motor of about 1.5hp so I have to make speed-doubling pulleys. Here's the old pulley. It's very rusty and has bits of old belt stuck to it. I had to heat it up to get the grub screw out and gave it a little tap around the periphery to see if it would move but no chance, so I had to rig up a puller. I took off the front bearing retainer and luckily it was the same bolt pattern as the rear cover. This meant I could put it on the rear end, fitted backwards so I didn't mess up the mounting face, and use it to pull against. I put a slug of scrap in the end so I didn't ruin the centre drilling for the shaft, in case I ever have to put that between centres sometime. Rigged up some blocks to stop the pulley against the front of the housing cavity and set up a 2-leg puller to push the spindle out through the pulley. BTW you'll notice that the grinder head is not cleaned and painted. I wanted to get this work out of the way first and I want to have the bearings out of the head when I hit it with the sander and then paint. The pulley was on there VERY tight. Even with heat the puller wouldn't move it so I had to resort to more neanderthal measures. I pulled it up as tight as I dare on the spanner and then hit the edge of the pulley to shock it along a tiny bit at a time. About 15 minutes of that and the pulley is off. Now it's time to make new pulleys. Vee belts are fast disappearing from motor factors in favour of poly-vee belts so I'm making poly-vee pulleys. Here's the new belt. And this is going to be the new pulley to suit it. The bottom pulley will be twice the diameter.