I bought this machine just this weekend and with my Christmas break coming up I thought I would jump right in with getting it rebuilt. It's a Mk3 Eagle surface grinder, originally the 'wet' variant but now missing the splash guard, drain and coolant pump. This is how I found it, kept under a tarpaulin for 10 years. In the pic the seller and I had already started removing bits to load it into my van. First impressions are that the ways seem to be in fairly good condition. The table ways have the most wear, which is expected. The cross-ways I haven't been able to inspect under the bellows but the rise and fall ways seem to be very good. They'll all be getting scraped regardless. Thankfully all of the ways apart from the table have been protected by the still-intact leather bellows which may be salvageable but I'll have to read up on how to revive the leather. The single phase motor in the base looks very rough and will have to be inspected. If it's no good then it'll be getting a 3-phase motor installed and VFD most likely. The belt is perished and useless. Initially I was worried about the spindle since it was very reluctant to turn but once I cut the belt off the spindle turned very freely which was a huge relief. This too will be getting service as a matter of course. This thread will chronicle the rebuild process, which started today and hopefully will span across the Christmas break.