CBR gone to pastures new, next project home.

1. Nice pics Barrie. Some unique vantage points there and totally change the perspective! That corner going up just off the bend is in really bad condition now as there must have been a bit of land shift and it has dropped or maybe even washed away and been poorly repaired. If youre not expecting it it throws you out of your seat.

2. Today we went to Porthcawl beach! :lol:
    Ok, no more pics I promise.
    Bet you're all getting fed up of seeing the same bike.

2167.JPG 2169.JPG 2170.JPG 2171.JPG 2172.JPG 2173.JPG

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    roofman likes this.
  3. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

nope i can look motor bike pics all day long but it does remind me i have not got one

about another year i recon be for i can get another

Exuptoy likes this.
  4. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Don't be ridiculous :laughing: :laughing:

lazybones51 and Exuptoy like this.
  5. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

It kept trying to kill me and id,e rather die on my Rocket3 or FJR to be honest:D...trawling the bay of pigs atm for another project for the end of summer ;)

Exuptoy likes this.
  6. johnakay

johnakay Member

teesside
    nooooooooooooo we bikers never get sick of pictures.
    nice story.:thumbup:

Exuptoy likes this.
  7. My new shock arrived yesterday, one has done 15k, the other has done 40, can you tell which is which? :)
    Not bad for £45.

IMG_4238.JPG

When it was out I took the opportunity to strip and re-grease the suspension links. First up was the drag link which has seen better days. Both bearings were seized. It was handy that I had a pair of Triumph bearings here which were identical 17x24x15, so they were fitted.

IMG_4239.JPG IMG_4241.JPG

The triangulated block is also seized so for the moment it got rammed full of grease until I can get some bearings. It has made such a difference. Even with the same settings the bike seems far more controlled and compliant.

IMG_4243.JPG

Looks nicer too.

IMG_4248.JPG

This arrived today, so it's gonna be going in the next few days if I have time. It's a work of art for £134.

IMG_4251.JPG

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  8. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Now your looking for a clutch cover with a window so every one can see the "work of art" :D

Exuptoy likes this.
  9. Haha. I must be as transparent as the window.:laughing:

Robotstar5 likes this.
  10. HMB

HMB Member

Slipper clutch is the way forward

Exuptoy likes this.
  11. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Looks like clear covers are available, just got to find the right one.

Exuptoy likes this.
  12. Mega bucks which kinda goes against the ethos of the project. This doesn't owe me £2k all in.
    Only reason for the Barnett pressure plate is clutch slip over 8k. It's a common issue on these due to a daft diaphragm spring plate design.

13. Pulled my clutch in the week and measured the plates, found the steels were below spec (1.9-2.1mm) at 1.82-1.88 and my frictions were within spec (2.9-3.1 with a minimum of 2.8) at roughly 2.88. Although I've bought a used 5PW clutch pack from one of the guys on the R1 forum, it'll be a few days before it arrives.
    His frictions are all over 3mm but for now I purchased Barnett steels from UK Road&Race for £34 and reassembled the clutch on Thursday with my original re-soaked frictions along with the Barnett pressure plate as I need the bike ready to go not sat in bits in the man cave.

The clutch now has a good bite point and a slightly firmer lever, but if it starts to slip I'll fit the frictions from the guy on the Yam forum. If not then they'll all get soaked and stored in a pot on the shelf as I'm hoping this will be a long term bike and used spares are good.

That Barnett pressure plate looks the bollox and for now there is no clutch slip so I'm made up.

IMG_4425.JPG

roofman likes this.
  14. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

window:thumbup:

15. I'd love to fella but the clutch arm pawl which pulls on the worm in the centre is part of the casing. Too much work I think.

Don't give me ideas or I'll be looking for a second hand case and finding work for my tame machinist. :)

16. Just got in from the garage after installing CREE LED H4 lamps. I had these in the Trumpet and they're amazing for getting drivers to see you. There's not much better the Halogens for distance cover but for brightness these beat them hands down. They have 2 sets of LEDs so they run dip and main beam.
    In the last pic the phone has shut down the exposure to kill the brightness.
    £20 a pair from the bay of flees.

IMG_4509.JPG IMG_4513.JPG IMG_4512.JPG IMG_4514.JPG

roofman likes this.
  17. Just purchased and fitted a Chinese copy of the Hyperpro steering damper. Got it off the bay of flees inc the fitting kit and delivery (within 2 weeks) for £58.

Works great.

IMG_4529.JPG IMG_4530.JPG

Also got a pair of Tech 7 lever guards from M&P for £20!!! R&G want £149!!!!!!

IMG_4572.JPG

choco likes this.
  18. There's that much stuff on it from China it should be renamed the Asia Express not R1 :D

19. Just finished updating this thread after the Photobucket crap!!!

As an update, the damper has proved its worth but I did have to change out the tank mount bolt for a tensile one when the original snapped. That seems to be the only issue with Chinese stuff, the bolts are like carrots.

The bike recently passed its MOT but not until I put the original plate on (lets just say that for some unknown reason I'd ordered the wrong number some months earlier!!! Oooops!)
    On the same day I got home from a good ride out after the MOT I found one fork seal leaking, so I was forced to change them for a set of Jap seals from K-Tech and fresh 5wt oil. The upside is I actually got a chance to try the fork spring compressor out which I built and it performed flawlessly.

The bike will be up for sale in the new year for around £2850 so someone will get a very clean 42k bike with nothing to do to it. Miles are a little high but its a 4 cylinder engine so whats different to a car!!

IMG_5512.JPG IMG_5509.JPG IMG_5516.JPG IMG_5510.JPG IMG_5658.JPG IMG_5742.JPG IMG_5746.JPG IMG_5750.JPG IMG_5751.JPG IMG_5752.JPG

Rannsachair and Wallace like this.
  20. ronan

ronan Forum Supporter

dublin
    Looks clean.

Exuptoy likes this.
Advertisements