CBR gone to pastures new, next project home.

1. Got fed up of looking at the Chinese seat cowl as I'm a little anal and wouldn't use something the wrong colour, so went down to Carpaints Bridgend with the bike and cowl to see if they could match it.
    It cost me £55 for 3mm lining tape and 3 x 400ml aerosols of base, metallic top coat and 2 pack lacquer in a rattle can. Not cheap but the colour is good and it can be machine polished in 24 hours so I put a load of lacquer on it.

2094.JPG 2093.JPG 2099.JPG

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Wallace, Jim Davey and choco like this.
  2. Out this morning. Pic taken overlooking Tower Colliery, one of the last deep mines to close. Just dodged the weather coming home. 80 miles and it didn't miss a beat.

2102.JPG 2100.JPG 2101.JPG

roofman, zx9 and Robotstar5 like this.
  3. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Needs a smaller number plate :whistle:

Exuptoy likes this.
  4. Haha, it's 7x5.5 I'd deffo not get away with smaller.

5. My used Acumen Gear Indicator arrived late this afternoon so I went back up the garage, fitted it and set it up. Not overjoyed with the position but the fairing brace is in the way so it'll do.

2114.JPG

roofman likes this.
  6. With having a medical condition which stops me spending money :) I decided to hack up my Micron can.

4 x bolts removed from the end cap allowed me to pull off the cap and withdraw the carbon sleeve, next a 1mm slitting disc saw around 180mm removed from the sleeve (well it was looking a little damaged from the strap anyway) a similar amount was removed from the perforated pipe and the end plate cleaned up to re-attach it.

2120.JPG 2121.JPG

10mins of Mig action later and a further 10mins of re-wrapping the inner core with the packing and wiring it on there with some mig wire saw it was looking like this.

2122.JPG

Can't wait to fit it now.

7. Wallace

Wallace Member

Gear indicator? Last time I saw one of those was on old Suzuki's!

Exuptoy likes this.
  8. Haha, this is an old Yam. ;)

Wallace likes this.
  9. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

God loves a good old fashioned stubby as its written in the scriptures..."Daniel slayed the pipe and under a hot sun took a toothed sword and cut the head from its limp body unleashing fire,noise and destruction":D

Exuptoy likes this.
  10. Haha, I like it.

11. Just fitted it and it sounds very nice. Not half as obnoxious as I was expecting.

2125.JPG

roofman likes this.
  12. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

Nice I was going to ask if you were cutting it down. You can't beat turning petrol into noise:laughing:

The AT has a micron it must have been 3 foot long before I cut it down, increased the engine braking alot. I've a Werks stubby on the triple, the flames on over run are entertaining in the dark:scared::laughing:

Exuptoy likes this.
  13. Spent the last 4hours (4 fecking hours!!!) balancing the carbs on the R1. I can honestly confirm there is not a worse job I have done on ANY bike. The screws to sync the carbs to each other are under the carbs so everything has to be done with a mirror and what with the **Language** access I can honestly say I won't be in a rush to do it again. When I connected the Carbtune up it was reading 26-20-18-12 so it needed doing! This was close enough at the end for me to call it a day!

2138.JPG

mechman likes this.
  14. After setting the carb balance and adjusting a little free play out of the throttle it seems like another improvement. Did 80 miles today but noticed the clocks doing silly things now and again like going off and the Acumen playing up too.
    I got about 0.5 mile from the house and when pulling up to a junction with the clutch in and as soon as I pulled the brake lever the clocks went off and the bike cut out. It started immediately but any input like brake lights or even indicators it was affecting the clocks.

Got it home and put a meter on the battery to find around 11.9v and barely scratching 12 when revved. I knew I had a reg/rec sitting in the garage from when I killed my K3 Gixer so I fished it out and plugged it in and sure thing it's fine. Only issue was the physical dimensions were out so it needed a mounting plate making. I found a piece of ally and cut it the same size as the Suzuki one then transferred the centres from the regs.

Then drilled and countersunk x 2 holes then drilled for the new one and fitted clinch nuts.

2149.JPG 2150.JPG 2151.JPG 2153.JPG

Much better! Being bigger hopefully it should cope a little better too.

Wallace and zx9 like this.
  15. Got a few pics today from up on the Bwlch mountain.

2141.JPG 2144.JPG 2145.JPG 2146.JPG 2148.JPG

BarrieJ, Seadog and zx9 like this.
  16. zx9

zx9 Member

I take it that you have just ridden up the road on the last pic. :thumbup:

17. Yeah, lovely roads but the tarmac in that pic is in sh!te condition though.

zx9 likes this.
  18. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

great update and nice job on the reg/rec;)...sold my TL 1000 today:(

19. Gutted! How come?

20. BarrieJ Member

Wow, that's a blast from the past; Bwlch Y Clawdd, I was born and brought up down there; Cwmparc, my grandfather, father and his six brothers all worked
    in the Park Colliery - like the collieries, all gone now.

Bwlch from Nant Dare.jpg

From the bottom looking up from Cwmparc and another approaching the Bwlch from the other (Nantymoel) side.

Bwlch from the Nant y Moel side.jpg

Great rides!

Exuptoy likes this.
Advertisements