Boat hoist build idea

1. gaz1

gaz1 Member

you see i would go the last way but id use beam lifts reference

W.olly likes this.
  2. gaz1

gaz1 Member

if you dont want to use hydraulic the genie lift reference is just as good

note the head can be used both ways below and above but can be used on the hydraulic version above by design of coarse

3. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

How about a hiab with foundations?

4. hotponyshoes Member

Surely the easiest way is just dig a hole.
    Fill it with water.
    Back the trailer in when you want to take the boat off to use the trailer for something else.

mtt.tr likes this.
  5. hotponyshoes Member

Although I might have 4 electric winches to sell you if you want to go with the gantry idea...

6. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Well, for God's sake don't buy an aircraft or helicopter - or even a share therein. :vsad: :laughing:

Parm likes this.
  7. Parm

Parm Oh how I’ve missed my play pen this year

I think I’ve been educated enough (learnt my lesson)

W.olly, mtt.tr and slim_boy_fat like this.
  8. Keith 66 Member

Essex UK
    A friend of mine Ray Loveland (sadly died a few years back) was the best boat transport guy i knew. He had a small lifting gantry for lifting yachts up to about 27ft long or about 4 tons. It consisted of two folding A frames that he put one each side opened out fore & aft, each leg was 80mm square box, a removable cross bar went across the top think it was 60 x 30 box, two 4"x2" wooden braces one stuck in each side with wedges to stop it folding over sideways. It was set up at the balance point & a lever chain hoist each side coupled to the two lifting strops.
    I doubt it was ever lolered or puwered but he lifted hundreds of boats with that rig & never dropped one either.
    Think i have a photo of it lifting my old yacht somewhere will try & dig it out.

9. skotl

skotl Forum Supporter

They've got a few of these (!) down at Port Edgar harbour, where we live. Very impressive looking bits of kit!

They always winch the straps up when not in use, to stop kids (and adults!) swinging on them :)

slim_boy_fat likes this.
Advertisements