60's style Gasser Willys build

1. langy

langy langys rodshop

ARP are probably the finest bolts you can buy, I'm a dealer for them, you won't break one ever !!!
    There's a science to choosing a bolt to do a specific job, there is no fit all

2. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

ah fair enough, I never really use them for anything special, just bolting framework together. if I break a bolt on a car and its not a normal type I usually get on ebay and find a bolt kit, see what is listed in there then find that bolt

3. norlander

norlander Member

+1 on that-I'm always replacing the standard fastners on my bikes with better quality stuff-you'll be able to supply them to fit my Harley then-have to have a browse of their catalogue.

4. langy

langy langys rodshop

Yeah no problem, it's amazing how many people don't understand nuts & bolts and think they are all the same. I'm always amazed when I look at other peoples cars and find bolts that are only suitable for a garden gate holding brake and suspension bits on :o

5. langy

langy langys rodshop

They are just 12 point bolts, no special spanners/sockets needed.

6. Ah they are ARP bolts, that is why then. Didn't realise normal 12pt sockets and spanners fit straight on. Shame my sockets are 6pt lol.

7. Wallace

Wallace Member

Makes your blood run cold sometimes when you see it. Some of the stuff I used to see on mopeds when I worked in my mates shop was mind boggling.

8. langy

langy langys rodshop

I've seen bits of studding with a nut either side so many times its untrue :o, Best one I found was when I slid underneath a car to check axle ratio and noticed the brake line was only clipped at the front, further investigation showed no flexible in the rear at all :clapping: it was relying on the flex in the solid line for the movement :o:clapping:

mike os, Windy Miller and brokenbiker like this.
  9. langy

langy langys rodshop

I'm starting to think this car maybe cursed :laughing: Sorted everything for the Supernats until today :dontknow: Willys all fine and on the button but on the way home some little scrote on a scooter hit my car doing 40mph, couldn't believe the damage a scooter could do !!! Car is a writeoff as airbags gone off and all sorts of damage :mad:
    I tried to hire something with a towbar but nothing available, at 1800hrs I had all but given up hope but I got a call from Dave the MOT guy who said he had a Transit with a hook I could borrow :clapping:, this meant 2 trips, one with the trailer tent and one with the car, not too bad I thought :) on the way back from picking up the Transit I got a text from Mister Tee on here saying he could detour and tow the trailer tent for me :clapping:
    So Cinders will go to the ball :laughing:

I can't thank Dave & Mo enough for helping out, its great to have such wonderful friends, thanks guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

that scooter was doing more than 30 judging by the pics.

how did it hapen. From the positioning of the cars i would assume he was either filtering at speed or came out of the junction without looking?

also, why is his helmet off? He doesn't appear to have any other protective gear either which i find common with negligent riders

11. langy

langy langys rodshop

You ain't gonna believe this !!! He over took the cars coming the other way (the blue Merc is mine) then veered onto the pavement then came off the pavement straight at me, hit me then took off in the air and landed on the black Fiesta's bonnet !!! I reckon he was at least 10ft in air when he went past my side window :clapping:

12. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

sounds like he deserved it (harsh coming from a biker, but still). I was a total t*at when I was 16 on a moped, but then again most are. I tuned the nuts off my moped, got an indicated 72mph out of it on a regular basis. perfected the coasting whilst sitting on the back seat with your feet on the tank technique, superman (get up to speed, lie on the bike head at bars, feet hanging off the back), bunny hopping speedbumps etc, but I had about 8 years moto cross racing behind me so I knew how to handle a bike and more importantly knew my limitations and the bikes limitation, and never tried to push them too far (well, not until I got a cbr 400 anyway)

hope the insurance see sense and get you sorted sharpish

13. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Biker myself, but got no sympathy for the idiot, just hope he was insured (don't forget to get your claim in for whiplash :whistle:)

Saw one outside the house yesterday, obviously upset with a car driver as he pulled along side and punched the mirror off before taking to the footpath to disappear into a housing estate.

14. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

we have trouble with them taking their mopeds into the woods where people go to walk their dogs in peace. council came out and put up gates, then they got torn down and the mopeds carried on. there isn't so much of a problem now, well not after 4 of the mopeds were reported stolen then found burnt out in the woods. no one knows who did it but it got the message across

octo0072000 likes this.
  15. norlander

norlander Member

He aint a biker. He is a penis on two wheels. But that accident will go down in the stats as a PTW (Powered Two Wheel) accident which gets lumped in with motorcycles.Kids like that will usually not progress to bigger bikes-they get a clapped out hot hatch,pull more stupid stunts with it and do more damage-which of course pushed up insurance premiums nicely.
    Not to mention the hassle the 2 car owners gotta go through.
    Good to see the mates you can count on when TSHTF system still works.

brokenbiker likes this.
  16. I have theory that kids spending 16hrs a day playing on computer games where there are no consequences to your actions is rubbing off on there attitude to real life!
    Saw one the other day driving into Wells early in the morning. Car driving at 40 mph, lad on a scooter following car about a foot off the rear bumper and me following behind at a safe distance. What I was expecting to happen didn't, what did happen was lad on scooter did a superman after front wheel of scooter disappeared down a manhole dislodged by torrential rain in the night!
    Took me a second or two to realise what had happened, he certainly hadn't realised why his scooter had suddenly stopped and he had carried on.
    He bounced well, no major injuries but no gloves, no jacket, just jeans, fleece and trainers, left him with the paramedic who started giggling when I explained what had happened, mind you I was struggling to keep a straight face.

I must buy a dash cam, I would have made a mint on YouTube with that.

Robotstar5, Malvern and mike os like this.
  17. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

ive seen a few mopeds go down due to a handful of front brake in a bend, or riding over wet white lines/manhole covers while banked over. never going to end well. the only incident I had on my moped was being driven into by some idiot that came through a red light because he was too busy trying to read a bloody map

18. mike os

mike os just a little insane.....

if its cursed better let me keep it .... safer for you that way ;)

what a total ****....

brokenbiker likes this.
  19. langy

langy langys rodshop

Well we made it ok but we just had a bit of a thunderstorm, do we care not at all as we have cider :clapping::laughing:

20. octo0072000

octo0072000 Member

Enjoy the weekend Steve remember we need video and pictures please

mike os and brokenbiker like this.
Advertisements