1. DrNik

DrNik Heath Robinsons long lost son

Bet your neighbours love you, lol, sounds great though

2. langy

langy langys rodshop

Thanks mate

3. langy

langy langys rodshop

hi Nik, most are ok and I try not to make to much noise but as usual there is always one :whistle:

octo0072000 and brokenbiker like this.
  4. langy

langy langys rodshop

Update and a good one for a change [​IMG] after various annoying little problems the motor is now pretty much dialed in and running pretty sweetly now, unfortunately I missed Dragstalgia which I was really disappointed about [​IMG]
    I took it out for a quick drive up the road and everything seems fine but i'm not convinced about the front brakes, you have to stomp on them pretty hard to get it to stop, a quick call to Wilwood and I found out they now do a narrow forged Dynalite caliper which would more or less replace the Vectra calipers I am already using, result !!! It would mean new caliper brackets but that wasn't gonna be a big deal.

Calipers turned up in 3 days but I hadn't thought of adding brake pads to my order so back onto them and they arrive tomorrow [​IMG] The pics below tell the story and I also changed the brake flexis to Black, still 100% stainless but with a black over lay, looks better I think. The Wilwood writing on the calipers is gonna have to go though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Tupers

Tupers Member

Devon - England
    Awesome work on the caliper mount, I must learn to TIG.

6. langy

langy langys rodshop

Not as good as I would of liked as it was 137F in my workshop and the sweat kept running into my eyes !!! Jesus that stings, autopilot most of the way :laughing:

7. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

not good when you are trying to weld, blink one eye to stop the sweat, keep one open to see the puddle, hold your mask to stop it sliding off your head and then get an itchy **** too lol, this is the main reason why i haven't done any welding for the last week or so lol

8. langy

langy langys rodshop

It's nice to have a decent summer for a change but it makes life difficult in the workshop, I found I've had to alter my work hours as after 1pm it's virtually impossible to stay in there !!!
    I wouldn't want to be a blacksmith in this weather :laughing:

brokenbiker likes this.
  9. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Glad I'm on nightshift this week, still hot when we go up to the conveyors in the roof, just glad I don't work in the paintshop when there are problems with the ovens!

10. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

i am on my last afternoon shift today then off tomorrow and fortnight shutdown. It is currently 36 degrees infront of the fans and i can wait to get out of here. Day of welding tomorrow and Saturday but its all outdoors

11. Flapdisk Member

Beautiful work Langy, I would be happy to weld like that with both eyes ok :-)

12. langy

langy langys rodshop

Well the brake pads turned up on time so we bled the brakes and got a nice pedal, the pads need bedding in as they are the hard green type.
    It was nice and quite outside today (for a while [​IMG])
    so a quick trip up the road was in order to test the brakes [​IMG]All was good and Sue did a short video without me knowing so here it is

http://youtu.be/8mqdD-BiUTA

13. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

Ace. was that a moony at the end:laughing:

14. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

beautiful sounding motor

15. langy

langy langys rodshop

I
    It was tempting :laughing:

16. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Looks and sounds nice :cool: will it ever be road registered?.

17. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

if it is road legal, whats the deal with driving with the engine uncovered? and front wheels with no cover? I know you have the front end to put on it but can you drive a hotrod with no bonnet/front wings/mud guards etc?

18. langy

langy langys rodshop

It's registered already, only got plate on the back though, I rarely run a front plate.

Robotstar5 likes this.
  19. langy

langy langys rodshop

I
    I drove it with the front off as it's easier to get to stuff to adjust.

I've driven fender less cars for the last 30 years without any problems, it's a C&U issue and can be a very grey area.

My other car and Sue's car

• image.jpg
    mike os and brokenbiker like this.
  20. brokenbiker

brokenbiker Member

cheers. only asking as a mate wants to do a hot rod pick up type thing and was asking about fenderless front wheels. he hasn't got the budget for it but at the moment he keeps going on about what he is going to do with this and that. he doesn't realise how much things like these cost and the effort involved in it

Advertisements