Worth Looking at a centec 2A?

1. Dieselkid 63

Dieselkid 63 Banned from forklifts

My gear usually comes without something which costs more than I paid for the machine to buy back :laughing:

Hopefuldave, Turbo and MattF like this.
  2. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Forum Supporter

Can relate. While not strictly needed the capstan tailstock and lever slide cost as much as the lathe. :)

As other comments I'd get that bought if I didn't already have a little mill

Dieselkid 63 and MattF like this.
  3. MattF

MattF Member

Probably same for most, me included. :D I mainly tend to pay more attention to stuff with extras than without nowadays, as the extras can end up costing far more than the cost of the machine if bought later/separately.

Hopefuldave likes this.
  4. garethp Member

sw scotland
    Is that the overarm on the right hand side of pic 9 of the lathe post?

5. Rannsachair

Rannsachair Forum Supporter

I don't think so, should be a large dove-tailed section like:

[​IMG]

The seller has confirmed that there are quite a few boxes he has not looked in, and is sure it will be there and will look it out before i collect it.

6. Dieselkid 63

Dieselkid 63 Banned from forklifts

‘Yes, this tri-leva attachment is for the Centec’ ;)

Rannsachair likes this.
  7. Arc Tourist

Arc Tourist Member

In the tray on page three, I notice there are the other two collets to complete the set for the Clarkson Autolock chuck on page 6. They could be for either Imperial or metric milling cutters; both types are still available. The boring head in the yellow case looks relatively new and is a nice accessory to have. :)

Rannsachair likes this.
  8. Rannsachair

Thanks, I cant wait to have a rummage through it all, hope to pick it up over the weekend.

I know all the tooling and extra's makes this much more desirable for me as I have none suitable for it bar a few milling cutters that I use with my ML7.

Arc Tourist and slim_boy_fat like this.
  9. fizzy Forum Supporter

uk
    Ho
    How are you going to move it?

10. Rannsachair

I was going to take the advice of unbolting the vertical head and then a 2 man lift into the back of my Defender.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  11. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

take knee off if you can and head both way alot you will need good strong people or a hydraulic lift for both knee and head they do weigh a bit

the knee ways alot even on my machine i can only just handle it between the legs to move it around

it should have a nice gib strip to remove off the side and knee should come away from the base

3 men to lift the base of mine onto back of van 3 to take it off

12. Rannsachair

Cheers. I can ensure there are at least 3 at each end. my brother and I are both over 6 feet tall and reasonably fit (though I am 3/4 of the way through 5 months of chemotherapy so not at full strength)

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  13. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Mind how you go, the brain is always ahead of the body in stuff like this. [i.e. you think you can do it, but....;)]

14. Rannsachair

i know, the last thing I want to do is put my back out. I am still managing 30 press-ups each morning (do them to avoid chronic back pain that appears if I do not keep my back strong), I normally do 50 though.

Hopefuldave and slim_boy_fat like this.
  15. fizzy Forum Supporter

uk
    Try and use an engine crane or something.
    Failing that be careful. I bet it is a lot heavier than it looks. My puny Elliott Progress no1 drill is almost 200kg.

16. Rannsachair

i think it weighs 290 lbs and the vertical head will be another 100 lbs i suspect. i can take an engine crane though means taking a trailer, suppose better than a bad back :dontknow:

Hopefuldave and fizzy like this.
  17. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

18. grim_d

grim_d Forum Supporter

Sounds like you can't manage collection. I can collect no problem to save dissapointing the seller. :D:whistle:

19. Rannsachair

20. Rannsachair

The seller messaged me "Incidentally it would seem that you're getting a good buy. I've had 8 people asking to buy, including two from England and one from Bergen in Norway and when I informed everyone that you'd paid a deposit the guy in Chorley offered to gazump you with an offer of £750 and collect tomorrow!!!!" So there would be a queue :cool:

Hopefuldave, fizzy and gaz1 like this.
Advertisements