The first thing I have made on the Drummond and the first thing I have made on a lathe since 1982. From plans on the Yahoo Drummond lathe group, not exactly to plan and I overshot the knurling slightly but it works, now I have to make a second one for the other change wheel stud.
Drawings!! Design concept came from Harald Halls website plus a few other places. Using ER25 collet holder as I already have that size for my little mill - being made up of the bits of material scrounged from the works skip. Going to make it with a bottom slide block /carriage made from nylatron with 16 x 2 lead screw and 14mm guide rails as I have all the raw materials for that. If not rigid enough I can bore it to 16 or 25mm rails or use linear bearings mounted on a steel plate. The carriage should give a better finish than moving the cutter into the wheel. For the actual grinding head and motor I will use the tool post grinder I saved from the skip.
I bought a Heidenhain DRO set for my mill last year, and have just got around to shortening one of the scales to fit the Y axis. It was pretty nerve racking and I wasn't convinced that it wouldn't explode. But I machined a window in the housing with the mill, then used a grinder with a slitting disc to cut the glass scale and put it back on the mill to finish the housing and put a step on it for the end mount to fasten to.
These are hardly gonna set the world a light but I’m machining a some pin bushes for an old bucket linkage.
En24 bar stock. You can imagine how long that takes taking that ring out of that lump of bar on a model makers lathe lol.