Viking Caravan Winter Project

1. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Finished painting the body, came up pretty good. The topcoat used is Jotun HB Hardtop, it’s satin and spray really nicely.

B03141F0-6C39-43B2-B0FC-CC89C7B672D4.jpeg 27843142-4397-4A12-AC7C-5CA7CDB0B933.jpeg B4563D6A-F314-4150-B786-A27F612D1E4F.jpeg 19635BC3-1D81-409A-A5A2-BDAB6EC7573D.jpeg 5319C7F5-6059-4254-BB66-F3D7B64475CA.jpeg

winchman, Migmac, galooph and 9 others like this.
  2. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

@Burdekin You're doing a top job there, Mitch. :thumbup:

Wallace and Burdekin like this.
  3. mpats

mpats Forum Supporter

Aberdeen
    Burdekin likes this.
  4. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

Taking off the masking was the best part of the project, getting to see how it all turned out. It’s been a chore with a lot of prep and access under the ceiling was awkward and working off a ladder and not being able to lay down the paint like normal. Had to turn up the gun 10psi and spray the centre roof from all directions to get the paint on, while making sure the hose and me didn’t touch any of the already wet paint.

The paint job isn’t car quality, I would of needed to do a lot of flatting after primer to get it perfect and with it being just an old caravan I felt the finish was fine. So far there are no paint defects which I’m really happy with, means no water got through, I got the surface nice and clean and waited enough between coats.

mpats and slim_boy_fat like this.
  5. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

@Burdekin Any updates on progress with the caravan, Mitch?

6. CKJDJK

CKJDJK Member

Going back to old posts. Check the towball/hitch size. Old hitches use 2 inch, newer use 50 mm ball. They were the cause of may detachments when 50 mm ball fitted to 2 inch hitch. Especially when they were worn. Your making grand job. will look great once finished.

Arc Tourist likes this.
  7. Arc Tourist

Arc Tourist Member

THANK YOU for posting ! We have one of the older small Compas Lynx model caravan's. I was not aware of this dimensional change when I recently installed a new combination pin and ball hitch on my van to replace the old single ball hitch. Yes, the new hitch is 50mm and the old ball is 2".

Thanks again. :thumbup:
    . PICT0002 (Medium).JPG

Advertisements