Today I acquired...........

1. mr migwire

mr migwire It's more fun with metal.

just back from a foraging trip to aldi's picked up the sepped drill set and the multi function drill set, also got a set of there allen / torque keys for £9.99 , while i dont expect the allen keys to be up to much they will do for all the light work around the place.

RedOrZed likes this.
  2. RedOrZed Member

Milton Keyneses
    Are they the T-handle allen keys? I've had a set for a few years, they work a treat :)

3. brightspark

brightspark Member

just scored these .mate said hede never use them

• holiday and dial gauges 026.JPG
    julianthegypsy likes this.
  4. monkeymark Member

Co. Durham, UK
    I've just come across a few of these at work.
    One has the original calibration sheet still in the wooden box signed something like 1962.

5. mr migwire

mr migwire It's more fun with metal.

yes t handle in a plastic case, glad to hear they work...

6. ben8vgte

ben8vgte Member

Not quite today but very recently got half a ton of medium single use blasting media, I noticed a guy with a half a pallet of unused bags chucking them in a skip behind a swimming pool that being refurbished. So I offered to move them for him into the back of my works van, top bloke would not even accept a drink for him and his mates! :)

7. sardine

sardine Member

Infected maxillary sinus , I got it free from my dentist, cheers mate, the non stop headaches and half my face in pain is really a fun.

8. brewdexta

brewdexta Forum Supporter

Yorkshire
    my mate dropped off a couple of vee-blocks and some zeus charts for nowt yesterday

zeus.jpg

brightspark likes this.
  9. monkeymark Member

Co. Durham, UK
    Today I got a black & decker xt belt sander for £20.

And paid £50 for a shower enclosure that's listed as £670

julianthegypsy likes this.
  10. monkeymark Member

Co. Durham, UK
    Oh dear oh dear. Ive been had on the shower enclosure. I knew it was too good to be true. :mad:
    Oh well lesson learnt.

On the plus side, the sander is great and hardly used at all. And the non-running chainsaw is now a runner.

11. What was wrong with the shower enclosure?
    Or let me guess, was it a moldy old PVC shower curtain?

12. monkeymark Member

Co. Durham, UK
    :D
    No no, it wasn't.
    Purchased through gumtree so no come back. Lovely enclosure, had it all been there! About half of it missing and when contacted they became very arsey and simply said "Sold as seen, how do we know you didn't take the parts out yourself".

So, ill list the parts I have on fleabay to try and recoup the loss.
    We may have family that know their family so it could end up being very interesting.

13. sardine

sardine Member

[quote="monkeymark, post: 571111,
    We may have family that know their family so it could end up being very interesting.[/quote]

[​IMG]

14. Wedg1e

Wedg1e They call me Mr. Bodge-angles

[​IMG][/quote]

Aye, but Mark's from Coonty Durrum like, so he'll make them an offer they can't understand :D

Hopefuldave, bigegg, Farside and 5 others like this.
  15. Wedg1e

Wedg1e They call me Mr. Bodge-angles

OK, I meant vinyl-stickers, not proper signwriters ;)

There's some A-hole in Billingham who is lauded for his 'art in public places'; as far as I'm concerned it's still vandalism. I wonder what would happen if I got caught painting over his 'art'...?

16. Maker

Maker nEw mEmBeR

There's only one way to find out:whistle:.

17. The Devils Reject

The Devils Reject is probably talking rubbish.

A slight singeing to my rib cage after foolishly wearing an old fleece in the shed today. Enthusiastic use of the angle grinder set me slightly on fire :flame:

Cyberprog and monkeymark like this.
  18. Cyberprog Member

Been there, got the patch in my sleeve to prove it. Well, until the missus removed it from me and threw it in the bin.

The Devils Reject likes this.
  19. julianthegypsy Member

Slight singeing? I regularly set myself on fire and have sent a heap of holy fleeces to the graveyard!

The Devils Reject likes this.
  20. julianf

julianf Member

Wanted a rayburn cooker (solid fuel).
    They're about £3800 to buy new, so that was never going to happen.

Saw one on ebay, at £150 starting bid. Went over to see it, but it had been left in some woodland for years, and was not £150 worth.

Did not bid, and noone else did either. Seller mailed me a while later, said they wanted shot of it - scrap man would give them a score for it, and would i like to match that?

So, off we went, me, my girlfriend, and the engine crane (and the £20), to pluck it out of the woodland.

Later, another came up on freecycle - a gas conversion. Free to collector. Another engine crane moment.

For a while our front room looked like a rayburn workshop.

Then it looked like this -

[​IMG]

I know i paid the £20, so its not as if it was without any payment, but id like to think that could be overlooked : )

Incidentally, the lump of slate its sitting on was £26 of ebay (i gave the chap £30 and wasnt tight enough to ask for the change!).
    It came with several others, a load of nice hardwood, and some sticks. One of the sticks turned out to be quite rare, so it went on back ebay, rather than the fire.

[​IMG]

End price of the cue auction was almost exatly £100 more than the whole table cost us...

...and i got our lounge hearth out of the same table.
    ...and some left over to do some steps or a kitchen island (got to use the hardwood for somthing!)

Advertisements