This will take a while

1. MattF

MattF Member

I got to see this project in the flesh yesterday, and I can honestly say that the photo's don't do it real justice. It's even more impressive when you're stood in front of it. I have the utmost respect for atconut's skill and patience. It practically is a work of art in its own right.

I also got to see the vice which is visible in some of the photo's, and by eck, that things a beast. :D

KimB and eSCHEn like this.
  2. eSCHEn

eSCHEn Bit Wrangler

It does look utterly amazing in the photos so I'm super jealous of you actually getting to see it in the flesh!

KimB likes this.
  3. harryb94 Member

Only just seen this, absolutely incredible!! That's some serious talent you've got there if you're making it up as you go along! Any more updates on how it's going?

4. jpmillermatic

jpmillermatic Member

USA-NY
    I too am blown away by the attention to detail and brilliant machining work...everything looks amazingly tight. It sickens and inspires at the same time!...(and I mean that in a really good way!)

wow

JP

5. atconut

atconut Member

west yorks uk
    Thank you all for the kind comments. I've been busy doing other things so i've made no more progress on the dozer really apart from a little painting. i recently got a Harrison M250 lathe which needed a bit of TLC so that has kind of taken over the shop. The lathe is not finished yet but useable so it's back to the dozer again and hopefully make some progress. Here's a picture of one of the track frames that i painted before i got the lathe and a pic of the new lathe 20151212_140101.jpg 20151212_145157.jpg 20160108_214824.jpg

Brad93, daleyd, gav0994 and 5 others like this.
  6. atconut

atconut Member

west yorks uk
    This is a rock guard fitted to the top of the rear idler to stop rocks and debris falling into the track. the rubber is not right yet i'm going to use some silicone rubber but you get the jist of it the rubber will be cut into three strips to fit the contour of the idler 20151225_113054.jpg

MichaelV, julianthegypsy and eSCHEn like this.
  7. Woody.v8

Woody.v8 Blue gluer

Ooh paint, nearly done now!:laughing:

8. atconut

atconut Member

west yorks uk
    No it's miles away yet. i thought if i painted something it might spur me on a bit. you should'nt jump the gun i know but i could'nt wait :laughing:

Woody.v8 likes this.
  9. black bandit Member

This is the start of a mammoth build :fighting: but will be watch it grow keep up the great work :clapping::clapping:

10. RichardM Member

great job, seems a shame to cover it with the paint, but I must admit I have lathe envy :ashamed:

11. tinman123

tinman123 Putting the Extra into ordinary.

i take my hat off to you sir, some fine work there i must say.
    this ill be an interesting thread.

when you mention a 250, i had one here but i sold it this time last year, i had advertised it on an irish version of e bay so to speak.
    i got a call from a lad in Latvia who said he would buy it straight away if it was as clean as the pics of it were.
    its not the first time ive heard that mind you but as i wasnt in a panic i played along, to make a long story short, he paid a lad to come here from Latvia in a van to collect it with cash in hand.....................
    you never know do you.
    here is a pic of what used to be mine, it hadnt done much.
    IMAG5491.jpg

anyways, back on track... ( if youd excuse the pun so to speak)

eLuSiVeMiTe, Wallace and MichaelV like this.
  12. MichaelV

MichaelV Forum Supporter

Very impressive!

13. Fintray

Fintray Forum Supporter

Brilliant work and as Richardm says it is a shame to cover all that work with paint.

14. atconut

atconut Member

west yorks uk
    Tinman that harrison looks like a good one it's a later model than mine. Why did ye sell it?

15. tinman123

tinman123 Putting the Extra into ordinary.

it came out of a college and was sold at an auction house, i hadnt intended on buying a lathe but i bid on it and won it at £900.
    it sat in a container here for a good 5 yrs oiled up and stored.
    i pulled it out last year and wired it up but i found it too small for the work id like to be at, it was a lovely lathe for smaller work and all it ever seemed to have done was cut mdf and alu.
    i stuck it on the web for big enough money and went fishing for the one.
    what i got for it morphed it into a bridgeport mill which i dont know myself since i got it.
    i have an old harison 11" lathe here and it dose what i need for now, but a decent lathe is on the wish list.

16. Fazerruss

Fazerruss Member

West Yorkshire
    I've just remembered looking at this thread when I was building my crane. How are you getting on, any updates?

Love it so far.

Maker and decca like this.
  17. Ruffian Member

Second the above post,

Just read through this and it is awesome!! Would like to see how far it's gotten.

decca and KimB like this.
  18. atconut

atconut Member

west yorks uk
    hi all the dozer has been thrown under the bench for a while it's far too cold in my shop and i've had loads of other things to do. i have got both sides done and the chassis done and i've had it driving around the garage on the remote control but i'm not happy with the motors so i need to do some more reading up and sort them out i think i'm gong to change them to brushless. i'll drag it out when the weather is better and post some pics

decca, KimB, rory1 and 3 others like this.
  19. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Weather is mad at the moment....last week was snow...this week I was in my t-shirt sweating in the garage! Saw you guys got hit again up in yorkshire!

Great work so far...I'm enjoying this one alot.

20. atconut

atconut Member

west yorks uk
    got up this morning to four inch of snow roads blocked by stuck cars then by lunchtime snow had melted and bathed in sunshine mad

Advertisements