4. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    From a recent photo shoot

Cooper1275sc0022.jpg

Cooper1275sc0289.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  5. weldingscotty803

weldingscotty803 what you staring at??????????

nice arches. a mate of mine had some carbon fibre ones similar to them. his and yours look similar although his hasnt got a rollcage. is the roof black or carbon fibre?

6. chrisg3103

chrisg3103 Forum Supporter

minifinished2.jpg
    snap ;) not quite as pretty as yours though :laughing: cant see the first 5 pages of your photos :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  7. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    You're right Chris, the photos aren't there anymore! :dontknow:

8. malcolm

malcolm & Clementine the Cat

They were on matrixv6.co.uk which seems not to be there at the moment. Hope they come back as I recall it being quite an extensive restoration. I can't imagine the photobucket pictures on this page will still be there in a couple of years time either.

It's possible to upload photos directly onto this forum - see http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5016

9. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    so sorry guys Matrixv6.co.uk has stopped working after the server went down...they didn't have a back up!!! idiots you can see the whole thing on the new site which is....
    www.superchargedmini.co.uk
    The roof and front end is carbon as well weldingscotty803

10. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    see I do still pop on here from time to time...great forum and a great saurce of good info

11. Wozzaaah

Wiltshire, UK
    Anyone interested in this thread will be pleased to know that Oz sent me his build pics on CD so I've now uploaded them to the forum and (hopefully) put them back in their rightful places. ;)

12. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    Top banana woz thanks for doing this for me pal.

13. Wozzaaah

Wiltshire, UK
    No probs Oz, just pleased to have the thread back to it's former glory!
    It's by far one of my favourite ever threads. :cool:
    I'm curious as to how you managed to retain the tax-exempt status though, I thought retaining it on a heavily modified car was quite difficult and even more so on a mini due to the monocoque structure or is it a case of what they don't know doesn't hurt them? :laughing:

14. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    Not at all Woz all the moddifications were declaired? even to the insurance company which was fun all four of the A4 sheets were faxed...lol fully comp and agreed value at Cough cough...lol and no limited milage as this is now my daily driver :cool: for £143 and no road tax life doesn't get any better that's why I am building another one for my lady :D I think if you use a certain pasentage of the original car you can get away with it and it keeps it's historic vehicle status.

15. weldingscotty803

wow!
    i love it.
    love the insurence too lol
    wish i had the time and money to do something like this
    the hoses on the engine look the dogs dangly bits. very very nice car
    you started the mrs's car yet

16. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    Oh yes I am well on with it...lol and the Mrs is in the garage with me helping out which is a first for me! and we haven't fallen out yet either lol gonna start a new thread when I get a mo. Took my car to the lakes for a bit of a spin and stayed overnight because the driving was so good 600 miles we did! lol The only sad part was we broke down just 10 miles from home :ashamed: turned out to be a faulty new part which was swopped the next day and the car fired straight up again...electronic ignition! Thinking of going dizzyless later this year so I can map my own timing...it's the future

17. weldingscotty803

look forward to pics of the mrs's car

18. dodgy Member

ive just read this basically start to finish (i was bored) and the effort that has gone in to this creation is awsome :clapping::clapping: not much of a mini man myself but truly great stuff!:cool: just waiting to see what route woz takes with his, my vote was for a rear wheel 'busa turbo but coudnt convice him :ashamed: got some pretty interesting ideas tho, time will tell....

19. mtt.tr

mtt.tr Member

Essex England
    that is fantastic it is just brilliant may have to consider one.

20. +M.E. New Member

the big smoke
    is the roof carbon fibre covering or is it actualy structual(cut out exisiting one and joined together) and i know its abit rude to ask but is there any pics of the consruction or application of either method?or can you take any close ups.....please
    and very impressive workmanship!!!!!! it is mos def a sleeper of a car

Advertisements