primed-shell.jpg

Build-it.jpg

engine-1293cc.jpg

Under-car-rear.jpg

cooler-install.jpg

A Mini with a twist :laughing: All my own work as well

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  2. weldequip Forum Sponsor

That'll be a cracking looking BMW err, sorry, MINI when it's finished! The amount of lads I talk to who loath the new (German :rolleyes:) Mini :laughing: And quite right... once a classic, always a classic.
    It's easy to copy, not so easy to come up with a world beating classic design... YOU LISTENING CHINA!!:p
    weldequip

Excellent stuff by the way Oz ;)

3. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    That very true Steve Most classic mini owners loth the Bini lol

did you spot the twist by the way?

4. weldequip Forum Sponsor

:confused: Go on...
    weldequip

5. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    It's not a normal mini...lol
    Eaton M45 Supercharger.jpg
    running a 4th gen eaton M45 roots type blower MOWHAAAAA on 1970 MK3 Cooper S just for fun running at 8psi = 150bhp;)

6. weldequip Forum Sponsor

:cool::cool::cool:

weldequip

7. ;)i want your babies

8. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    You can have his babies, I want his mini! :laughing:
    I think this might warrant moving to a new thread in Projects. It'll get sort of lost in this one which would be a shame. Cracking work Oz. You might want to ask Malcolm, Hitch or rtbcomp to move it across for you ;).

9. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester

OOPs did i do a bad thing posting it here...sorry
    I am happy for it to be moved
    :)

10. Wozzaaah

Wiltshire, UK
    No not at all Oz, I think it's such a cracking project it would be great for it to have it's own thread rather than be hidden away in this one. ;)

11. Rich.C

Rich.C Member

Great stuff Oz, especially in a single garage. Please keep us updated with progress.

12. onzarob

onzarob Member

Cornwall
    Nice stuff, just be careful with that supercharger, My dad is always telling me about a MK1 Cooper S with a SC that snapped an ENB40 Crank in half;)

13. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    Cool me own thread I feel special now lol
    there was a load of fab on this project as the bulkhead was modified to fit the charger which had massive knock on effects like the pedal box diddn't fit any more and the master cylinders had to be moved...great fun and a great challenge as well. I vertually built the shell from scratch and the only original panels left where a modified bulk head the B post rear panel and the C post at the rear EVERYTHING else was removed and replaced. Loads of measuring and load of work...at time I thought it would never get done but just plodded on taking each problem as it came, good my little SnapOn/Cebora 130 was in for some hammer and never let me down once what a cracking little mig it's been. Here's some of the early shot as I ripped it apart...not for the faint hearted!! lol

Mini-Rear.jpg

Mini-nsr.jpg

no-floor-rear.jpg

front-floor-out.jpg

rear-floor-out.jpg

back-rear.jpg

nsr-quarter-2.jpg

roofless.jpg

And my home made roller that does a full 360

roller-mini.jpg

There we go gives a better idea of what's been done

14. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    Very true so this one has a steel billet crank and con rods:D
    every thing is over the top so I could run at 8 psi with out distroying the motor...if you look at the M45 it has a sprung valve in the inlet to dump out any unused boost! Not quite a dump valve but very similar...no decompretion plate on my car the C/R was droped the proper was head work and a set of one off 18cc dished pistons! Loads of people running blowers on Mini at the mo but they are all using the BMW unit which causes loads of problems with head gaskets. The weak point is the head gasket so why add a decom plate and another head gasket?? amatures lol The BMW set up is a complete bodge and at £1,800 quid not cheap!

15. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Will the SU carb flow enough for the blower?

16. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    Yeah its super efficient...It's a 2" Modified Hif off a Jag :laughing: the car is still only a small bore really at just over 1300cc so should be fine...once it's had a rolling road sesion;)

17. onzarob

onzarob Member

Cornwall
    It that the blower from MOSS? It looks like a period feature, perfect:D

18. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    It is indeed which is where I work:laughing: as the Classic Mini Product manager;) this project has not been released yet as we are still in the development stages...but it's all good so far. The aim is to have a safe charger kit that will fit a totally std car with any modification at all. Mine is just a fun project for my own enjoyment...lol

19. Wozzaaah

Wiltshire, UK
    Told you it was worth moving this thread Oz ;). Lots of mini owners on here so I expect you'll inspire a few of them to do radical things to theirs and drum up a bit of business for Moss in the process :D.
    Keep the pics coming mate :). I see you also have a forum on the Moss website, some good info on there and not just about minis either ;)

20. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester

Oi i'am not here punting for business lol
    I enjoy welding a fabrication and I am always happy to help where I can ;):artist:

Advertisements