Supercharged Mini

1. Wozzaaah

Wozzaaah The wizard of woz Staff Member

Wiltshire, UK
    Looking good Oz ;), nice work.

2. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    Sorry I havent been online much latley been a little poorly...any way here is the finished engine bay and my new pedals

Engine.jpg

pedal-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  3. fingers99 Member

Liverpool, UK
    If it does make 150bhp it'll be faster than my Cinq Turbo, which is very naughty! :vsad:

But I wonder if the side mounted rad will cope?

WTH, lovely work, certainly deserves a place in Projects!

4. webba Member

Im building a supercharged mini as well mate!

One question for you, your eaton m45, where did you get the inlet manifold from? Fabricated or did you modify an existing manifold?

5. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    Custom made job proper alloy cast job;) It a eaton M45 4th generation blower as well not a BMW unit so runs with an actuator and has a kind of dump valve!

6. fingers99 Member

Liverpool, UK
    What does the actuator do?

7. webba Member

Actuator opens the wastegate (backup exhaust so to speak) when pressure gets to a certain level to stop the rotors in supercharger/turbo spinning too fast

Ive just realised thats the Midget charger kit from Moss Europe!

Costs a fortune lol. Im making a manifold myself using an old mpi inlet manifold

8. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    yes it is webba I work for Moss :laughing: You using the bmw unit?

9. webba Member

yes i am!, dont suppose theres any chance of you getting one of those maniolds cheap? lol rather than me having to mod an injection one?

10. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    afraid not dude...they are being re-disigned at the mo to be Mini Specific! Also be careful with the BMW unit! make sure you have dropped the c/r down as far as you can get it... Have a few pals running them, that have had a few problems with head gaskets and decomp plates! not the best design a decomp plate! The head gasket is already the weak point so adding two more making three in total isn't a good move IMO! That's one of the reasons I went for ours...to much boost is not a problem it just opens the valve and dumps it out safely without a costley repair. The Mini kit will be on the market soon but will be about the same price as the Midget one...sorry lol but again a very close mate spent 4.5k on his and went the hole hog... engine the lost! Its just poped its 4th head set and it just over 1500 miles from new and he hasen't trashed it at all yet!! :confused:

11. fingers99 Member

Liverpool, UK
    The way to go would be to use a solid copper head gasket and have the block grooved to take steel O rings.

Playing around with the pulley ratios should serve the same function as a wastegate.

12. webba Member

its ok mate got 18cc dished pistons and ive opened the chambers as well so should be ok. CR is lower than 9.1 so should be ok

13. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    Hi
    thought you might like a quick update....
    BILD0054.jpg

14. Sam

Sam Banned

Nice work you have went the full hog there! reminds me of welding up two minis for my mate, he had a David Visard book the first one I did for him he wrote it off up the north of Scotland the same weekend it was finished . He went up the following weekend took out the engine and anything else that he was able to salvage came home and bought another shell back to square one the bulkhead also had to be cut out to take the webber carbs have you seen the z cars site they have fitted a Hyabusa engine into one it sounds wicked www.zcars.org.uk/index.htm

15. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    There we go all done and dusted, flew through the mot so went and got my free tax disc...cool
    1st-out-front.jpg

16. weldequip Forum Sponsor

Very nice :cool: ...some work gone into that fella!
    weldequip

17. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Looks very nice :clapping: should suprise a few hot hatches at the traffic lights?
    Once had a problem getting a Mini through the MOT with a fly-off handbrake I fitted.

18. Rusty

Rusty Member

South West
    Shouldn't have been a problem, Vauxhall and Honda build their cars as standard with a fly off handbrake according to the press :laughing:

19. Oz1275

Oz1275 Member

Manchester
    well it made 183bhp @ crank on the rollers so well happy with that...here's the trick bit
    flip-it-up.jpg

front-up.jpg

20. rusty69bus

rusty69bus moving to the goldcoast

very nice work there

Advertisements