shed roof change

1. He obviously not on a water meter!

2. mike os

mike os just a little insane.....

pop it through his letterbox

T0rnado69 likes this.
  3. T0rnado69

T0rnado69 DIY nut !!

thats what i would of done when you first found it under the slab.
    and also stumble on some rubble left there
    and accidently tip the drums over towards his garden..... :)

4. mike os

mike os just a little insane.....

I would have turned it off the first time though ..... probably :D

5. gaz1

gaz1 Member

just to let you all know the shed has now passed with planning permission

the side view will be

shed elevation.JPG

the little line is the level line of the old roof the apex is as high as this already 4" shorter of the apex roof that now stands for the top of the box profile roofing

please remember i have turned the roof within a front garden build due to neighbour complaints about guttering been on there property

the apex roof was a mild build and in keep with the surrounding buildings

as you can imagine the next door neighbour is now going to now see a built wall unlike an apex roof both to be cement rendared to match the old material that has been used in the previous build and so is the neighbours view is also going to be cement rendared

the build is slightly going to look like a sore thumb but has been caused by the neighbour being so ackward and demanding things to be removed from the property thats been up years before they bought the property

the only difference is that the roadside has to match the old red brick built part of the shed

Austin likes this.
  6. cumbriasteve

cumbriasteve Moderator

Glad you got it through, invite the neighbour to a topping off party;)

7. gaz1

gaz1 Member

heres the info from the council please remember this is a front built boundary wall shed

Statement of Relevant Policies:

UR3 The Local Impact of Development

D1 General Design Considerations

SPD08 Householder SPD

The National Planning Policy Framework: The National Planning Policy Framework is now a material planning consideration on any development proposal. The Framework highlights the fact that the purpose of the planning system is to contribute to the achievement of sustainable development and that there is a presumption in favour of sustainable development which can deliver:- i) Planning for prosperity (an economic role) - by ensuring that sufficient land of the right type and in the right places is available to allow growth and innovation; ii) Planning for people (a social role) - by promotion of strong, vibrant and healthy communities by providing an increase supply of housing to meet the needs of present and future generations and by creating a good quality built environment with accessible local services; iii) Planning for places (an environmental role) - by protecting and enhancing the natural, built and historic environment, adapting to climate change including moving to a low-carbon economy. As such the Framework suggests local planning authorities should approve development proposals that accord with statutory plans without delay.

1. The building is harmful to visual amenity
    See appraisal below

2. Part of the building (gutters) encroach onto third party land
    This is a private civil issue and an informative will be used to alert the applicant to the need to ensure all of the development is within land in their ownership

3. Building has been in existence on the site for over 30 years
    This is noted.

Consultation Responses:
    None

Impact on Local Environment:
    The existing outbuilding fronts onto address ****** and previously had a flat roof with a gentle slope towards the garden area of the property at *******. This application is made to revert the building back to a similar state to that which originally existed. The proposed plans show that the building will revert to a flat roof design with a slight increase in the height of the building to rear from 1.98 to 2.09 metres. The front part of the building will be decreased in height from 2.31 to 2.03 metres. It is considered that these changes will not lead to any significant impacts on the visual amenity of the street scene. It is clear the building has been present in the street for a number of years and overall, the changes will reduce the visual impact of the present dual pitched roof design with corrugated sheeting.

Impact on Neighbouring Occupants:
    The building has some separation from the surrounding properties and will extend little more than 2 metres at its highest point. Given its modest scale and the modest increase in the height of the building, it is considered that it will not result in any significant impacts in terms of overshadowing or overbearing to the protect at adress ******.

Impact on Highway Safety:
    No significant implications

Other issues:
    It is noted that the existing plans do not reflect what is actually on the site given the changes that have taken place to the building recently (change to dual pitched roof). It is, however, considered that the plans give sufficient certainly to allow the granting of planning permission.

In addition, there is some suggestion the building could be operating as a business, however, this is a separate issue which does not form part of the consideration of this application.

Description: New roof to existing outbuilding

Recommendation: GRANT

Conditions or Reasons for Rejection:

1. Before development commences on site, arrangements shall be made with the Local Planning Authority for the inspection of all facing and roofing materials to be used in the development hereby permitted. The samples shall then be approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and the development constructed in accordance with the approved details.

Reason: To ensure the use of appropriate materials in the interests of visual amenity and to accord with Policies UR3 and D1 of the Replacement Unitary Development Plan.

8. gaz1

gaz1 Member

been getting things ready and setting time for the cementing

front built 3" lower than the plans size of 2080mm equaling 2000mm or near enough

20160613_143434.jpg

rear has been marked up on the wall the top yellow line is the exact height the roof must stop at the other 2 yellow lines are for 3" or 4" composite roof prefer to use 4" front can remain but back must be cut at the lowest level mark

20160613_143508.jpg

the internals have already been turned and the rear wall has been built level so a wall plate can be fastened to the top before the roof has been fastened to the wall plate

ive got the original bricks for the roadside so it can be matched in when the roof comes off

20160613_142334.jpg 20160613_142344.jpg

@roofman im considering fastening at the rear wall plate the front wall plate and along the 2 beams at the sides i wast going to fasten them down but i can do as extra strength for the roof at sides

im also wanting to add a canopy over the front again as thats where the woodburner will be coming out of the shed again or i might just take it through the composite roof again not decided on that one yet

the canopy will only be about 12" out from the wall and about 5" height from the top of the door frame not forgetting it also wants a guttering on the front end any suggestions on how to fasten it ?

9. gaz1

gaz1 Member

well heres the final shape as ripped it all off yesterday and rebuilt the outside walls and boarded it before finishing it today unable to cut the metal sheets as was chucking it down with rain at 4.30pm today

all thats left is the composite roofing thats going on top of it can only use 3" including the high points on the box profile so 2" insulation plus 33mm for the ridges on the profile sheet

im now putting 4" of insulation under the boards and felt layer so in end up will have 6" of insulation for a shed roof

now ive got to figure a way out for a canopy over the front again im also putting in the wood stove as well into the roof this end again as no complaints as of yet from E.H or letters

20160619_195231.jpg 20160619_195246.jpg 20160619_195306.jpg 20160619_195319.jpg 20160619_195718.jpg

monky harris likes this.
  10. gaz1

gaz1 Member

ive just added the chimney back again had to do it on the outside as didnt want to break the roof seal this time, ive still got to put the cowl on it

20161012_180336.jpg

ive now got to install a heat deflector plate or use wire mesh to stop fingers being able to touch the hot flue pipe

20161012_180247.jpg

its at the correct height this time, now i wait for the council or enviromental department arriving to check on the chimney as last time they only pulled me on the height of it but weve had no letters as of yet so reinstalled it again as this is running with the rocket stove systems

Olderisbetter, gavcarter and murex400 like this.
  11. mrepson Member

lancashire
    it looks a lot better now,tidy job done,

12. lexi Member

paisley
    I would cement render those concrete block in a red colour. Then key it out to look like brick.
    Will blend in a lot better. Would have been better looking in brick, but I know that is more expensive and need more skill to do.
    Just a suggestion :laughing:

13. gaz1

gaz1 Member

so from june 2016 theres been some changes around the property conifers have been planted near the property these are quick growing tall conifers

i cant stop it but im allowed to trim to maintain the property however that means i can also be charged to maintain the property to due to trimming the conifer branches down so walls can be sprayed with water repellent every 2 years

20190105_155819.jpg 20190105_155855.jpg

im unsure what i can do but i know those can damage the bricks and cause damp to property

its come to time to finish this shed build of mine

got the roof sheets today used 5.7metre length trimmed down to the shed roof size 3.7 metre

20190228_101544.jpg

now im considering 2" composite sheet panels to glue them to the roof sheet

then another fasten under this roof sheet so it gives it 4" insulation within the shed of mine
    im thinking pink gripfill to glue them to roof sheets and then fill the voids up with expanding foam as only filling in 2" gaps

roofman and Burdekin like this.
  14. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

Hi Gaz

As far as I know (I'm by no means a brief) there is nothing you can do about the conifers as they aren't on your land ,
    Other than lob off and chuck back the over hanging spoil that's about all you are legally entitled to do .

If they are laylandi (spelling?) fast growing conifers they will hit mega height very soon unless tamed , and then they will bush out .

I've ripped 32 conifers (dwarfs thankfully ) out of the house I'm living in / renovating at the moment , I hate the damn things .

Malc

addjunkie, slim_boy_fat and gaz1 like this.
  15. Rocketman Member

The neighbour probably didn't like the look of the building hence why they put the conifer in.

HopefullySoon likes this.
  16. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

Prob hoping the roots will damage the foundations in years to come

17. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Trimming and returning cuttings aside, is there anything to prevent an owner digging down in his own ground :whistle: ;)

18. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

Not legally but as I read the pics the 'shed' is forming the boundary ... As the conifers exist on someone else's land , start disturbing that without permission and it's a legal minefield !

Llandai (correct spelling I think ) un-topped grow faster upwards than the root system can support as they aren't a deep rooting tree (I'm sure a tree-ist can say better than me) , it's them in years to come getting blown over would concern me more .

Malc

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  19. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

Leylandii

HopefullySoon likes this.
  20. HopefullySoon

HopefullySoon Member

Thank you

Advertisements