Lorch
    EWM
    Fronius
    Rehm

Kemppi is okay but complicated panel.

Richard. and smashweld like this.
  2. smashweld Member

cheers...i need to do some research

200 amp ac/dc tigs range from £900 (and below even) to prices outwith my budget! not sure if the more expensive are OTT or will make life easier.

3. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

One of the nicest Pulse MIG’s on the market today is the Neopulse 400. I’d play it against any of the big boys any day of the week.

4. Richard.

Richard. Member

It would help a lot if we knew your intentions from the welder. Job types, material thicknesses, joint types etc.
    It could very well be that a 200 amp tig isn’t the ideal weapon of choice.
    If your budget is less than a grand I’d go thermal arc or parweld personally. On the other hand if you are budgeting to under a grand you can forget pulsed mig.

smashweld likes this.
  5. smashweld Member

the frames are just flat frames typically 40*40*3...vertical fillet in the corners and the faces on the flat, but the faces get ground flat, outside corners would get ground flat as well, that's the only definite job I have really.....

the wheel arch things above I would have done with a TIG if I had one. Theres another job welding 5 bar treadplate to an alu frame that I could try...that would be fillets and need to be presentable
    Have had to have a stainless water tank made in the past...could have tried that if I had a TIG. It'd be one of those things you could end up using more just because you have it.

budget...ideal world £1k but could go up to nearer 2

btw... I came across this in a thread from here lasr year....guessing the price is still wrong! https://www.waspsupplies.com/lorch-handy-tig-200-acdc-tig-package-control-pro-offer-8430-p.asp

then this, which was a bit strange

6. Richard.

Richard. Member

The price isn’t wrong. That’s £1800 with vat. That’s about right fir the ht200.
    I’ve used one of those. Cracking sets.
    I have it’s bigger brother at home the 220T under the tweco brand.

7. Richard.

Richard. Member

Yeah your budget has decided this for you. Your no where near decent pulsed mig money.

8. Xup Member

Think the special Lorch HT £1500 price is over, £2099 + Vat now

Richard. likes this.
  9. smashweld Member

10. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

And so it should, it is big boys price :D
    Looks nice although not found a vid yet of it doing Alu. That seems to be the type of video that is scarce for any brand :(

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  11. Richard.

Richard. Member

It’s not too bad a price if it competes with the big boys brad listed.
    £7k for a 400 amp double pulse with separate feeder and cooler.
    If it’s as good as Tom says that’s cheap.
    Your ewm hood would probably cost near on £6k new
    No separate feed unit. Only 300 amps no cooler.
    Imagine what the equivalent of that gys would cost from ewm or Fronius.

12. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

£8k almost with the cooler
    Phoenix 405 EWM which is £5600 but then you have to add wire feed, interconnect, cooler etc so likely £4300 or so, so that is £10K almost but that is their list price so.......
    The thing is though it is hard to say what the equivalent would be from EWM there are so many bleedin' options in the one model.

I was thinking about a smaller Neopuls GYS before the Phoenix came along, don't regret not going that route for a second but would be nice to try out the GYS in comparison to the Phoenix.

13. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

Looking through the EWM shop just makes you dizzy, no real description of what exactly each option is offering so you would have to do a good bit of reading up on it first, either that or ask a friendly dealer (don't know of any of them ;) )

Anyway all of this is really irrelevant as the OP's budget is way less, you would have to be doing full time welding for these types to pay.

14. Richard.

Richard. Member

Tom is doing the gys complete package for £7k inc vat.
    Your right it’s way out of budget but a good price if it competes solidly with the bigger players on build quality and ability.

15. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

@smashweld might be worth trying to find dealers near you where you could try out some of the machines you have listed above. The Parweld as I said is decent enough and the Thermal Arc is basically the same. I have tried the Sif and it was OK but the display contrast was bad, I think Tom said it was better now though. Out of the two I would still have gone with the Parweld personally. I was thinking about a Jasic but never tried one so can't say.
    I used to have a Tec Arc 251 square wave but it was a big machine, pretty decent though. The one you listed though (wrong pic showing in the add) is an inverter so may be good or may not be, can't say :(

16. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

The online price says different (£7800 for welder and another £800 for cooler) but you can always deal and you have maybe asked?

17. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

Just found the correct pic for the Tec Arc you listed @smashweld , it looks like the old analogue welder from Parweld I had (and every Chinese seller) Not a patch on the newer digitals, assuming it is the same internals as I had.

18. smashweld Member

being sensible....the Parweld looks like a good option. I've never used a TIG so don't think I'd gain much from trying different models in the shop...don't think it'd be obvious (to me) which is better
    suppose could ask to try the cheapest and the most expensive to see the difference!

19. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

Yes, if you have never Tig welded then it is not going to be easy to test out and see. The Parweld is nice, the Thermal Arc will be too as same machine. Think @Richard. may have tried out the digital Jasic so if I am remembering correctly he may be able to say what it is like in comparison as I think he has also used a Parweld.

smashweld likes this.
  20. Hood

Hood Forum Supporter

Sorry my mistake, I had the cooler selected and it had added it to the price at the top:doh: :ashamed:
    So £7800 with cooler and VAT.

Advertisements