Mk5 Transit Minibus Project

1. oz. Member

Cwmcarn
    Most of that brake fluid will be waste unless you have a small fleet of vehicles with brakes that need bleeding. DOT fluid absorbs moisture from the atmosphere so after you've opened the bottle it will begin deteriorating, after a few months I'd say that it isn't safe to use.

2. Got the 5L as it was cheaper to buy 5L than 2 x 1L & also sold off what I don't use already to a family friend

3. No updates as Sunday was to wet & today was to windy :laughing:

4. Yeh, the weather was mingin'
    How does Sunday the 25th sound
    If you wanna have a try at stick welding too the most important thing is some decent rods as i have used the screwfix/aldi ones and here is more slag than weld, the best thickness is 3.2mm to learn with and i'll remember the bits a metal

5. 25th sounds good as run out of gas & not got the funds at the mo to refill

6. Any updates mate?

yeah the 25th is alright ive just checked will you have gas by then?

7. MOT @ 9:30am this morning, passed with no advisories :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Came straight home & got me insurance & tax sorted, been out all day visiting a few family members, just having dinner & taking all the kids out :D

MOT Tester said WOW you have done a lot of work on that m8 :lol:

A Big Big Thank You to everybody who has helped me along the way :D

Will keep the thread going as I progress with other stuff, I can finally enjoy the fruits of my labour :D

8. Should do, I will let you know if I have any problems getting it.

9. gavuk

gavuk artful-bodger

uk wiltshire
    Fantastic news Ron,well done for sticking with it......now is the time to get better at welding.. .....before the next mot :whistle: :laughing:

10. I don't think it has an MOT now Gav. Alright if not i'll bring my co2 bottle, I can't really notice the difference but i suppose I could bring it any way and have a bit of a comparison.

11. Ahh that's fantastic news i didn't see the post when i was reading through!!!!!

12. Norm Member

well done Ron :clapping: great news, brave man for taking it on in the first place and all due respect for sticking with it.
    Norm.

13. cecotto479 Member

Glasgow UK
    Well done.

14. zx9

zx9 Member

Really good news Ron, well done:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

15. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Nice one Ron, well done :cool:

16. schnappi Member

Essex
    Well done!! Really pleased for you! :clapping:

17. Chickenjohn

Chickenjohn Morris Minor and Porsche 944 fan

Well done Ron! It's a great feeling isn't it? getting a car through an MOT after so much work!

18. iwoo Member

Durham England
    Well done Fella, bet the kids are over the moon.

19. stuvy

stuvy Member

congratulations mate!:clapping:

20. Thanks everyone for your nice comments, it feels fantastic to finally get the MOT in me hand & I did that no-one else. :D:D

Advertisements