Mk5 Transit Minibus Project

1. Just a quick one to let you know I got me gas sorted today so will have a full bottle for the 25th :whistle:

2. Alright great i'll message ya

3. Help Emergency Help Required! Weldequip?

I so wanna cry.
    Just been sorting out me workshop & f.sake, :mad:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all the welding I have done these last couple of months & been very careful, been an upside down back to front dancer :laughing: & done no damage until now, re-sorted me workshop as it was a mess & bam = disaster. :mad:

Where can I buy complete replacement dials? as cannot see any for sale on Weldequip. (Where I bought this 5% Argon Mix Regulator kit, the tube is attached to the welder)

Needed urgently, b4 next weekend a must, no exceptions! Otherwise will have to spend £29.95 for a replacement regulator :mad: current 1 is only 1 month old :mad::mad::mad:

(P.S This will not affect our arrangement Lawnmowerboy)

4. fatfranky Member

Co. Durham UK
    Where can I buy complete replacement dials? as cannot see any for sale on Weldequip. (Where I bought this 5% Argon Mix Regulator kit, the tube is attached to the welder)

Needed urgently, b4 next weekend a must, no exceptions! Otherwise will have to spend £29.95 for a replacement regulator :mad: current 1 is only 1 month old :mad::mad::mad:

(P.S This will not affect our arrangement Lawnmowerboy)[/QUOTE]

Try your local welding supplier, I had a similar thing happen years ago, local supplier gave me a regulator that was going back for exchange, swapped the gauges and gave him it back with the knackered gauges, he was quite happy as it was going in for service exchange anyway

Regards

Frank

5. Hi Ron, i have some 1/4" BSP blanking plugs as a temporary measure until ya can get some guages. just set the flow rate by ear

6. Been busy due to mothers day, working on getting it sorted Monday, if I cannot get replacement sorted, will borrow a couple of blanking plugs please lawnmowerboy.

Thanks

7. No probs, these things happen!!

8. Chickenjohn

Chickenjohn Morris Minor and Porsche 944 fan

Lets see some photos then!

Ron, don't feel too bad about the gauges, do a search online and you can find replacements for less than the cost of a new regulator. I broke one of my gauges a few years ago and made sure the very next thing I made was a welder trolley with a big bar to securely attach the cylinder to with a strap!

9. Thanks for not turning up again & not contacting me to let me know why :mad:

10. The Transit Forum has helped me all the way with the minibus. Anyway whatever water under the bridge, lessons learned & all that ect. Below pic was taken just after I installed the window tints to 9 windows, took around 3 & a half hours all in & best bit is they cost less than £15.

[​IMG]

I've come back for help on how to make a customised bbq charcoal (Chimney) starter.
    Yes I know I can buy them online but they don't seam to hold enough charcoal as I would like.
    or should I not waste my time & just buy 2 of the usual ones as the wife says?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  11. Chickenjohn

Chickenjohn Morris Minor and Porsche 944 fan

The Minibus looks great Ron! Good job. Worth all the hard work now eh?

12. octo0072000

octo0072000 Member

13. Well worth it, still lots to do, but mainly engine, electrics & interior work, no more welding (until next years mot:laughing:)

Advertisements