Jasic welding machines.

1. chrisg3103

chrisg3103 Forum Supporter

That would probably be me, it's still going well, not had super industrial use but still not let out the magic smoke.
    Just made a motor mount out of 3mm mild angle.
    Is a sherman 206p if you want to look it up

Pigeon_Droppings2 and fizzy like this.
  2. chrisg3103

3. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Cheers chrisg...I knew I remembered it from somewhere. At less than £600 it's blooming incredible for an AC DC TIG...have you done any ali with it yet?

Fair point on the warranty....but for DIYers not a big issue

4. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Have a few Dc pulse Tig Jasics at work, they get used in the workshop and on site.
    Must be 7 or 8 of them. The subcontractors we have in from time to time use them too.

Work tend to give everyone a welder to use as their own, so the price point is quite attractive. A dozen jasics certainly is a lot cheaper than a dozen EWMs.
    Plus being used on site they tend to suffer abuse. Just last week we set a one week old machine up, went for break, and when we came back it was soaking wet and sat in a puddle of water where a production opperative had opened a drain valve without caring.
    A few weeks prior at a different site, one of the old Millers had milk dumped all over it.

Reliability wise, only had an issue with one or two that I recall. One was a reset of the settings I think, nothing too serious.

5. chrisg3103

20191227_200008.jpg
    2mm aluminium, almost getting the hang of it, still a bit lumpy but that's just technique :laughing:

fizzy and Pigeon_Droppings2 like this.
Advertisements