Jasic welding machines.

1. spencer 427 Member

Evening all.
    Had to pop in to my local welding supplier today..while I was there I was having a look at the jasic range of machines. 5 year guarantee...any of you guys use the mig and tig machines. Just wondering what they are like...

2. Ruffian Member

Using a jasic 200p tig.
    So much nicer than my old r tech.

stuvy and spencer 427 like this.
  3. spencer 427 Member

Cheers ruffian. I still have my orelikon 200mp .my local dropped them after being to expensive and the main board is a 1000 to replace. A machine with 5 year guarantee is a nice peace of mind

4. Rrobson

Rrobson Member

I've got the ac/dc digital mini tig and I love it, very easy to use and set up and really portable which is great for me. The torch you get is a 26 style and isn't the nicest thing to use but I quickly upgraded to a smaller 9 style for the thinner stuff and it's much better. I'd recommend one, but does depend on your budget. Although do bear in mind they use Chinese components and consider them to be more of a premium budget range, rather than a low end premium machine.

spencer 427 likes this.
  5. spencer 427 Member

Yes he said they use Chinese components but out of all the years they have been dealing with them they haven't sent one back.

6. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

The ac\dc TIG I have on long term loan JP200 has been fault free nice machine to use light to carry as @Rrobson said the torch is not the nicest changed for 17 the origional has a rubber sieve which is heavy & stifish changed it for a leather one helped, (will welds a lot better than I can)

spencer 427 and Dcal like this.
  7. stuvy

stuvy Member

2 places Iv worked had a Jasic and there like night and day compared to rtech so much easier to use

spencer 427 likes this.
  8. Dcal

Dcal Forum Supporter

I've had a 200p analogue AC/DC for about 4 years and as 500e says it's a better welder than me.
    Never has given a bit of bother.

I've also an Rtec MTS255 and arc welding on the Jasic is far nicer than the Rtec.
    The Rtec is only DC tig and I now use the Rtec torch on the Jasic but I will get around to sorting a proper water-cooled torch sometime.
    The supplied torch does let the Jasic down.

stuvy likes this.
  9. spencer 427 Member

Thanks for the reply guys. No better information than asking those that use them.
    I will take a proper look and get a demo next time I go in. Having that 5 year is a nice bonus. From what I see the build looked nice..

Yamhon and stuvy like this.
  10. Spark plug

Spark plug Member

Now would have Thought something like this was more your thing, Spencer:

56C3CCDE-F935-4A6C-A955-39136E3EDC9A.jpeg

fizzy, stuvy and spencer 427 like this.
  11. spencer 427 Member

Proper old school

12. KaneH Member

United Kingdom
    A fabricator (structural steel) we work with uses Jasics thoughout his workshop and seems very happy with them.

spencer 427 likes this.
  13. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

They’re a step up from r tech, but no where near as good as their European counterparts.

stuvy and spencer 427 like this.
  14. MalcVTR Member

When I had a Harley, I bought some Chinese-made stuff for it like rear crash bars. Apart from one item (which was still OK) it was all good or very good. As has often been said, not all Chinese stuff is crap by any means...

fizzy and Brad93 like this.
  15. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

That’s a lie for sure. They do go wrong.

spencer 427 likes this.
  16. spencer 427 Member

I take everything with a pinch of salt brad. Especially with stuff like welding machines

Brad93 likes this.
  17. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Wasn't there a cheaper knock-off of the jassic machine (without the warranty of course)

Sherman or something like that?

Someone on here bought one but then I lost track of what happened to it.

fizzy likes this.
  18. spencer 427 Member

What I would like is this Screenshot_20200308-110022_Google.jpg

Ruffian and Jim Davey like this.
  19. fizzy Forum Supporter

uk
    There are loads cheaper from Europe - the middle one looks very similar to a Jasic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGNUM-T...540828?hash=item2aca880f1c:g:~GoAAOSwIelch6t6

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schweise...317394?hash=item1ccfbc6fd2:g:a2QAAOSwuwdcvtma

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sherman-...215519?hash=item2ac97fb21f:g:tdsAAOSwKLZch6qW

£690 for a 3 phase 315amp ac/dc is pretty cheap.

Yes if it goes wrong it has to be shipped off but only about £40 for shipping.

Pigeon_Droppings2 likes this.
  20. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Yea I thought so...I was thinking of the Jassic clone...

I almost bought this one when I read the original post....but I reckon it would still be sitting in its box! Decided in the end to just wait until I had a real need for a TIG. Might contact the poster and see how he got on with it....aside from being blue it looked identical to the Jassic 180 I think.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1766267538...MIt8ybw-SK6AIVTUPTCh1ECgrgEAQYASABEgLFF_D_BwE

Advertisements