Inside a Handytig 200

1. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

Your Tweco is based on the T series, which is available in 2 front panels, BasicPlus (similar to the HandyTig) or the ControlPro (similar to the Tweco) idea behind the HandyTig range is its aimed more towards people without necessarily the need or perhaps the skill level to tinker too much away from the factory settings. More so plug in, selected process, select current and weld

Richard. likes this.
  2. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Yeah I understand that and the system works because you can actually do just that. However even someone starting out will want the simple stuff on display like a balance or frequency setting there. It’s a bit frustrating going into double menus to change the basic stuff. I know this all to well as the fronius stuff is exactly the same on there magic waves. Back menu to change everything. Ewm lay there entry level panel out a little easier to set

matt1978 likes this.
  3. Jetex

Jetex Member

I am quite new to tig welding and it would seem that the HT200 is more aimed at the beginner welder. How often are you actually adjusting the AC balance and frequency settings? I agree it would be more user friendly if all the settings were at hand and not in back menu settings.

addjunkie likes this.
  4. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Balance not so much. You tend to find a sweet spot and leave it be but frequency I change a lot. Quite often between joints and thicknesses. I don’t see the ht200 as a beginner machine at all. It’s got everything you’d ever need in that panel it’s just hidden away.

5. bwservices Member

I am finding it hard to believe that people are complaining about the price of this beautifully designed,expertly performing and robust machine.
    i really am

Brad93, eSCHEn and Richard. like this.
  6. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

I completely agree.

Brad93 and eSCHEn like this.
  7. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

The basic can do pretty much everything the T220 can do. What it hasn’t got is the extended pulse Hz range and the AC wave types.
    Balance and frequency is all adjustable.
    AC Cap shaping and EP start which I’ve dialed in to my preference.
    It just hides some of those features away so they’re not confusing beginners.
    If you go to the lorch section of this forum you will find a thread by me with some of my exploits with the machine.
    I find it capable for my needs. I just need more amps half the time so will probably have to upgrade to a T300 or bigger one day.

matt1978 likes this.
  8. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Do people realise the HT200 can be dropped from 60cm high as well?

I don’t think the handy tig can but some of the lorch machines (X series if I remember correctly) are weather proof and drop resistant.

matt1978 likes this.
  9. matt1978

matt1978 www.lorch.eu

HandyTig 180 DC 80cm
    HandyTig 200 ACDC 60cm

T 180-220-250-300 60cm

Crash proof

Brad93 likes this.
  10. daleyd

daleyd Member

I’ve got an Oxford rt140 oil cooled that’s completely drop proof.

No ones ever managed to pick it up off the floor :thumbup:

Interdiction, matt1978, fizzy and 4 others like this.
  11. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Got a fork lift? We can do a cheeky test if you want.

matt1978 likes this.
  12. daleyd

daleyd Member

Nah, probably crack the floor :laughing:

Richard. likes this.
  13. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Most decent machines are weather proof it’s not something particular to lorch.
    Ip63 rated machines can be used outside in the rain.
    Obviously it’s best to avoid any welding equipment out in the rain but they are designed to deal with it.

Brad93 likes this.
  14. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

:clapping:
    Brilliant. Thing is your probably right. The floor would likely suffer before the machine.

daleyd likes this.
  15. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

Very impressive. There’s a Nexus TIG set at the extraction Co I sub to, it’s been pulled off the bench countless times [8m leaads to short], case is battered and hanging off but it’s still running.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Brad93 likes this.
  16. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

No disrespect to the lorch so it must not be taken that way but iirc the drop/crash test is 60cm by the handle and dropped straight down onto its feet yes?
    A machine just wouldn’t suffer an accident in this way. It would likely fall or get knocked off something onto its side or top. Now I’m not saying they are not robust and I’m sure they will take a good whack about as will the other top liners. Hotrodder said he dropped his Lincoln loads of times and it never missed a beat. I watched an Esab 4004i power source fall nearly two meters off a stack on a forklift and was properly bent and twisted but it still fired up and welded perfectly. lorch have tested this feature and that obviously is good reason to market it but I don’t think the lorch is the only one actually capable of taking a good bang.

17. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

18. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

19. addjunkie

addjunkie Member

That wet test is quite impressive. But if its that wet, its time to grow scales and gills

Brad93 likes this.
  20. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Advertisements