Hermes..some help required

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Not so.
    I spoke to a person on three occasions over the aforementioned debacle.
    Wasn't easy to find the number though

arther dailey likes this.
  2. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

From the contact us tab

• Screenshot_20200802-122715.png
    • Screenshot_20200802-122722.png
  3. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Well, I got a reply from Hermes, stating its being sent back to sender , As we broke it in transit, sorry , please contact your supplier.
    So thats why they didnt deliver it !!!!!!!!! at least they have finally come clean and admitted responsability.Thankyou @MoreWellie for the contact email as that seems to have done the trick, and a big thankyou to everyone else for their help ,well obviously not the useless hermes mob who run a closed door policy ....but enough of that, wasted well over a week now I need to locate the parts all over again ...Urgggghhhh.

4. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Sorry but we have to agree to disagree, I and the seller tried everything available to speak to an actual agent , at that moment in time it absolutely wasnt possible , automated replies only, and everything to contact an agent is switched off at the moment.

5. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

You can disagree as much as you like but it doesn't change the fact that I've contacted them on the number above on 3 seperate occasions over the last 8 weeks

6. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

@eLuSiVeMiTe We are talking about it here, there is a big problem with customer service & communication let alone the actual fulfilment of the contract + was there not a TV program regarding poor service& were told by MD we are retraining our staff,? Personally I think it is the management that requires training
    As said not a problem for me but it is something I will keep in mind

7. spaffmonkey

spaffmonkey Forum Supporter

Ive used Hermes for the last few years when selling bigger items but this week had my first issue with them collecting a parcel. I was at home all day pottering about in the front garden as my son was cycling up and down the street ( we live in a coldysack ) Hermes website said failed collection at a specific time saying no answer. Tried getting hold of them and it's all digital with no answers for delivery driver didn't actually turn up. Will be avoiding them in future.

8. lchris21

lchris21 Member

...you pays your money and takes your chance, or so the saying goes:rolleyes:......I pays my money and expects a service, I say;)
    Just won my MCOL with Hermes :clapping:....taken 4 months, bit of paperwork and the help of a forum member here who shall remain nameless ( thanks you know who you are:thumbup:)
    That's why these companies are the way they are and dont deliver (literally in this case) what they charge for:dontknow:
    If more people took them on then they'd soon change or go out of business.
    I'll never use them again...regardless of the previous service. In my trade your only as good as your last job......they were rubbish at the last job I asked them to do...:waving:

nickk likes this.
  9. mart

mart Member

As a customer, customer service is near the top of my list when it comes to choosing which company to use.

The company being dicussed are doing what they do because they can get away with it.

It is time for intervention in the form of legislation. A customer doing business with a company, deserves the right to be able to make contact with that company reasonably easy. None of this jumping through hoops & going 'round in circles to nowhere nonsense'.

500e, slim_boy_fat, nickk and 4 others like this.
  10. colnerov

colnerov Member

Hi, I thought that it was one of the requirements of a website that they have to provide location and contact details. Who you go to, to get that enforced I don't know. Some certainly manage to keep it well hidden.

Colin

11. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

I'm not defending them but

From the main page it's 4 clicks to get a phone number with people
    click menu button

• Screenshot_20200805-164434.png
    • Screenshot_20200805-164441.png
    • Screenshot_20200805-164451.png
    • Screenshot_20200805-164457.png
  12. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

I and the sender tried that it was turned off at the time. Hermes admitted breaking it , and refund will be issued within 28 days. End off. I have better things to do than waste more time on it.

13. reb78 Member

Herts UK
    That hasnt worked for months. I had a problem before Christmas and had the same run around as Arther. That number just takes you to a message that says go online for answers and then hangs up. After going through their online robot contact you can eventually get connected to a person for online chat, but the people I got connected to seemed so unaware of local situation that I assumed they were not in the UK and were just keen to give you something to get you offline and off their hands.

14. ukracer Forum Supporter

You will if you ever buy from TJC and its not small enough to go royal mail. ;)

15. ukracer Forum Supporter

I had the same problem with DPD. Ordered a set of bolts for Clutch on Sunday next day DPD.....next day came and went but so did the next day and still no update on the tracking. Crawled the DPD website and no contact numbers in sight.

sent an email to supplier who does not use a phone.. Online only ebay and email. No reply. sent another ebay message. well today I had a message saying it was being returned to sender. As luck would have it DPD drivers turns up 10 mins later so good as gold he gives me his local depot number. Phoned them up and this is when I blew a fuse. WEll sire you should know you have requested a recall.......sorry say that again. So he did and I said someone is playing silly buggars and I just need to know if its DPD or the supplier. could you tell me the contact number used to recall the parcel......hold on sir.....quick pause Ah Ah...so sorry sir it was us! you yes sir the package was damaged so we are sending it back. Ok can I just get this right. You have managed to damage 9 x 13mm bolts packaged in bubble pack extrusion. arp.jpg

well they might not be damaged..but the parcel is. at this stage I could not be bothered to suggest they could have delivered it and seen if it was all there.....I just emailed fuelperformance.co.uk and to be fair the reply was thanks for the info I had manged to establish what has gone on. I will have another set in the post on next day you will get them thursday.

SO its not just hermes and some suppliers are good even though I hate not being able to speak to a human. lol

16. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

As I said above. I spoke to 3 people on that number in relation to this post
    https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/not-very-special-delivery.102184/
    Note the date
    Ten minute wait in a queue and a person on the end of the line
    So you can understand I'm baffled

17. lchris21

lchris21 Member

If a supplier is dull enough to use them, more fool them...............they'll get no more cash from my bank account :laughing:

18. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

obviously the sender chose the courier , either way the contact an agent was turned off at that time . We both tried , and I am used to going through hoops , wasted too many hours on it . It may well be staff shortage due to corvid .
    Irrespective , how did it sit in the local depot for 5 days damaged with no contact to sender or reciever? it wasnt untill I used an email supplied by some one on this thread that things started happening..just poor customer service exagerated possibly by the current situation.

Westfield-builder likes this.
  19. lchris21

lchris21 Member

check the small print on Hermes "damaged" items...............they destroy them!!......thats why I ended up in the small claims court......they do not even have to provide any truth/evidence to back up this policy!!.....so if your local delivery chap doesn't really fancy it that day it may end up "damaged", you'll nver see it again and they will try to get away without compensating you :whistle:

20. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

interesting. on this they returned to sender .And he has refunded me

Advertisements
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.