Hermes..some help required

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Hi
    I have some parts being sent to me by hermes, unfortuantley its not going well, seller is genuine guy and v helpfull , it was sent last week and when it didnt arrive by tuesday contacted him, he sent me a screen shot,delivered, I asked for tracking no, apparantley its at local depot, contacted hermes local courier , oh yesI was expecting that monday it was on my list but wasnt there, seller checked tracking no . and also knows I havent recieved it.
    Now how the heck do I contact hermies, local depot is automated no. and I cant find anywhere on the site to send email /complaint/question to ? seller has also tried, local courier said she will contact her manager but stated hes useless.
    At a bit of a loss ,its been at the local depot (supposedly) since Monday.

2. julianf

julianf Member

Your local delivery agent (the person who knocks on your door) will have the most success.

In my area they're very friendly, but it will just be luck of the draw, I guess?

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  3. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Try Joe Lycett

4. Matchless

Matchless Member

Hermes is OK when it all goes to plan, they cannot cope with the slightest problem........... it will probably turn up eventually, best to keep the pressure on as someone will get off their backside and take a look under the box behind the shelf around the corner!

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  5. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

If this was sent through Parcel2Go then do what I did a few years back when Hermes royally screwed up two deliveries (to the extent that they relabelled one parcel and delivered it, and the correct parcel) to an address the other side of the country :vsad:) Complain to Parcel2 Go and remember to state that the contract for delivery was with them and that they need to sort it out. Before I down that route I had tried contacting P2G and Hermes separately and looking for all of the tracking info that I could find. What a waste of time that was. I eventually got them to pay to redeliver the second parcel to the original recipient, but it was a struggle. The last few years they've been pretty good.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  6. nickk Forum Supporter

They are the one courier I will never use again,we have an excellent local driver who always gives a bar coded tag when he collects,but if it goes wrong they make themselves unobtainable and the trouble begins.good luck.

lchris21 and Country Joe like this.
  7. Country Joe Argoshield Dark

Same here - In fact I'd avoid buying from a seller that uses Hermes (and Yodel - but you don't seem to see so much of them, recently) to the extent that I'd look for another supplier that didn't use them, even if the cost was more.

I think I'll alway view Hermes as a "non-communicative box of problems" and would happily pay slightly more for a more trustworthy outfit to get it delivered to me!

All the Best,
    CJ

nickk likes this.
  8. nickk Forum Supporter

Also I think Hermes buy up the competition,then the problem becomes bigger due to numbers,or do Hermes deliberately set up smaller companies,just for effect.:mad:

9. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance a flood is hard to start

0330 808 5456
    If you'd prefer to speak to us, you can call us 8am-6pm Monday to Saturday on 0330 808 5456 - make sure you have your tracking code or 8 digit calling card number to hand. You'll get the most up to date information on your parcel. If you still need help you can speak to one of our customer service agents.

Hermes Parcelnet Ltd, Capitol House, 1 Capitol Close, Morley LS27 0WH

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/hermes-complaints/contact-details
    Above Martin Lewis Money saver.

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Hermes-com

Never Had A problem so far, Touch wood etc.

10. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Thankyou every one , well I dont use hermes for the above reasons , but the sender did , @500e that phone no. is automatic answering machine , and I clicked on the Customer service but that is obviously switched of at the moment , the website is set up so you cant contact anyone, the complaint part of it the same it diverts you to other stuff, obviously on purpose. the parcel supposedly has been at the local depot since monday, the local courier states that her manager is rubbish and has contacted him twice ...what a Joke.
    appreciate your links, so far on man hours chasing this parcel has cost me a lot of lost time £££s . and unfortuantly the sender is having the same struggle and cant even work out how to get a refund for insured(actual cost to me ) £80. Urghhhhhhh.
    this is all due to having no human contact available through the website.

11. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe Member

Only issue I ever had was recently with a load i sent out
    Was a nationwide ballsup and labels were read incorrectly and parcels shipped to the wrong depots

ukracer likes this.
  12. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Well msg the local courier and told she has chased manager again. I suppose it just means order more parts and put that down to a lost week/wasted time and crack on again. Absolutely for sure I wouldnt use hermes for anything of importance or value due to the absolute lack of contact availability to sort these sort of problems . Saying that you never know it might turn up tomoz but that wont change who I use in the futuare , how ever when buying something how do you convince a seller not to use hermes ? bit awkward maybes

13. MoreWellie Member

Try emailing them on hermessupport@myhermes.co.uk and give the parcel details

Always best to be polite and aks for help much as you would prefer to jump in with all guns blazing

I had a parcel probably in the same batch as @eLuSiVeMiTe when thye had a meltdown weekend and all the parcels barcodes were printed incorrectly. the parcel spent 2 weeks in their care with no updaes on tracking. I emailed that address. I didn't get a response but the parcel was delivered a couple of days later

arther dailey and ukracer like this.
  14. ukracer Forum Supporter

Problem is some sellers state 48 hour with royal mail and actually use hermes....nothing you can do. If it goes missing you have the hassle anyway but if it gets delivered all ebay do is look for tracking...

15. MattH

MattH Member

I emailed the CEO of Hermes after the driver pranged his van backing into another units yard because it was raining. He then decided that he wasn’t going to deliver to the entire industrial estate.
    2 weeks of this with hundreds of parcels not getting to any of the businesses the depot weren’t at all interested.

I got the email from https://www.ceoemail.com/index.php?s=E
    The CEO did actually reply and asked the head of European customer services to get involved, after that it got resolved.

16. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

@MattH Aye, that's a very handy site, I've used it myself a number of times (also posted it on here). It always ellicits a response. :thumbup:

MattH and arther dailey like this.
  17. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Thanks I have sent a courteous message to ask where the parcel is, we will see what happens .cheers

18. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

Thankyou , I have book marked that , very usefull. appreciated

mart and MattH like this.
  19. mart

mart Member

It looks to be a really useful site.

Do you know if there is a search facility on there. Or, is it just seaching via the alphabet along the top?

20. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

There is a search box at the top [or near] of the page.

Advertisements
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.