FIMER X 1600 Resistor help?

1. Tonyg64

Tonyg64 Member

Thanks for that David and thanks for your patience with me. You could be a teacher. Today I was trying my best to determine the path of the Dc circuit as I feel the problem lies there (not sure why but because the AC side is live in quite a few places but no power light or fan). Following the path from Rectifier Dc and the path to/from the relay I came to (another) dead end. Literally the path stops in front of me which I'm assuming id due to the surface mount parts. I leave it and go back to it after Ive thought for a bit and I still cant get further. I'm very mechanical and try as I might I struggle with "seeing" things I cant see. My Space Invaders (1979) was a challenge too but i had schematics for that and a few great people that helped me with the learning curve.

I feel today was my last try with this purely because I cant think of anything else to look for. It's frustrating for me when I cant find the main issue. There are so many surface mount parts that I'd never be able to replace them with confidence as I would with through hole parts.

So thank you David for your help so far and to Eddie too and other who have replied to a newbie.

Best regards

Tony
    ps I'll stick around here as its a good forum :thumbup:

2. DavidL

DavidL Forum Supporter

Thanks for your kind words Tony, and it's a shame you've called it - but I appreciate it must be frustrating.
    If you can store it somewhere and come back to it in a few months maybe?

It is frustrating (and difficult!) to try and fathom out what will be quite a complex circuit from the board itself. You're trying to second guess the circuit designer sometimes and transcribe the board.

I must admit, I'm pretty poor working with SM components myself. They look ok on the board, but tiny in your hands, tweezers or on the tape. A cheap electronic microscope helped, but access can be difficult and I personally find component removal is ok, but flowing for refixing is much harder (to me anyway!)

Good luck if you do come back to it at any point, and please keep the forum updated if so :)
    David

3. Tonyg64

Tonyg64 Member

Cheers David if I do get it (or someone else does) I'll report back with the findings and we can all say "ah so simple :) )
    Cheers

Tony

DavidL likes this.
  4. eddie49 Member

DavidL likes this.
Advertisements