Compressor and Sand Blaster Product Review Please

1. Hi;

I have been looking for a new compressor and was advised on here to get a Wolf Dakota 3HP 14CFM.
    They were on sale for less than £200 when I sold my old Snapon but since have gone up to £249 (Still a good price).
    I am also considering a Sand / Soda Blaster to save me some money of doing some carbs and Engine block and Ali Clutch Housing etc.
    I am about to buy one but have just spotted a Clarke Sand Blaster locally FS £100 and the guy also has a Burisch BT390T 3HP 90L Compressor, the blaster is a CPSB200B 63L Pressurised Sandblaster although it looks like the smaller one in the pic he sent.

Anyway, I am viewing tomorrow AM (first thing) but need some advice on whether the Burisch is worth getting (compared to the Wolf Dakota 90L 3HP) and what sort of price (it looks in very good condition).
    Also how do you guys rate the Clarke stand up blasters. He is selling it with the Soda adaptor and 2 x 20Kg bags of glass.

Thanks

2. Neilj Member

Can't help you with the sand blaster but that Burisch BT390T compressor looks identical to the Wolf Dakota 90, probably made in the same factory. I bought a Wolf about 18 months ago and can't fault it.

3. Dcal Member

I've the same blast pot and it's identical to all the others makes of that type.

With a few cheap mods it can be made to work very well.
    With a proper media delivery valve they can be made into a great tool.

Do a search for blast pots on here, there are a few recent threads discussing these pots.
    If you need one, it's in good condition and if the money is right go for it.

4. gt6s Member

Be prepared for the media to go EVERWHERE. I blast items in a 3X3X3 wooden box. It still goes everywhere. Brother in law has donated a feed bin to convert to cabinet. Got the glass plate and protectors also new gauntlets and mount rings. Need The time and motivation.

Laurence

5. optima21 Forum Supporter

as said earlier, the compressor may well be identical to the wolf dakota, I've got one of them and it does what it says on the tin. the output manifold has been known to break though due to the weak metal they're made from. here's my wolf compressor

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum...l-14cfm-3hp-compressor-and-dryer-setup.73079/

and the sandblasters are generic ones too.

I found the rubber on the nozzle wore too quickly so changed the operating valve, to a ball valve. they still wear though but nowhere near as quickly

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/my-blasting-setup.76834/#post-1069208

6. I've had a burisch compressor for around five years now, I think it is identical to the wolf Dakota, the regulator they fit is too small so get a decent one and decent sized pipe for your tools blaster ect. I use mine mostly for spray painting and power tools and it's fine for that not done much blasting only with the ones from Aldi once or twice and it was sort of ok for that.

7. optima21 Forum Supporter

8. Annoyingly it’s not fitted with PCL fittings (which all of my tools use. By regulator which part do you mean?

9. Neilj Member

The bit with the two pressure gauges on, they have a very small bore and are useless for anything that requires a decent air flow. So definitely no use if you're thinking of blasting with it. On the dished end of the air receiver is a blanking plug, the common mod is to remove this and fit a ball valve and pcl fitting in place of the plug, then you get a full bore connection that will give you lots of air flow. If you need to regulate down, use an external regulator.
    The blanking plug mod was the first thing I did on my Wolf after getting it out of the box :thumbup:

brightspark likes this.
Advertisements