Cheaper Welding machines

1. ukracer Forum Supporter

And my guess is most get no better. ;)

Richiew likes this.
  2. ukracer Forum Supporter

Does it? I thought only the Tigs do...I was pretty certain my Mig 250 does not but my Tig 210.
    Of course I have never tried using MMA so I doubt I would know...I know my Tig came with a Stinger.

3. Mark 2

Mark 2 Forum Supporter

I can confirm that the R Tech 180 does both mig and stick

Richiew and ukracer like this.
  4. ukracer Forum Supporter

R-tech from Poland?? I think not. China to start with and sorted in the UK is my information. I have had others who say no but that's what I saw during my visit.
    I get bored with these manufacturer debates....I have only ever had 1 other welder.......a 3 phase welder and it welded better/easier than my R-tech.....but 1. I don't have 3 phase at home. And 2. both did/do what I need to do....

5. ukracer Forum Supporter

I stand corrected.... ;) ;)

6. ukracer Forum Supporter

I will be surprised if you get what you want if you just take into account 1 persons view (even if it may be accurate) first off it was a Tig that @Tangledfeet mention was it not?
    And second I guess you have not yet found the member on hear who has put over 200 reels of wire through his R-tech.
    But that aside my personal view is you would be better going with a lincoln as you use one at work.

Hope that helps..

Oh BTW I have 3 R-tech machines all paid for in full via interest free credit.
    Tig ,Mig and Plasma ;)

Tangledfeet likes this.
  7. Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes Member

Nah dude the Sherman is from poland.
    Not a clue where the rtech is from tbf.

So your saying the rtech is a good branded machine to use then.
    The debate is quite deep now it seems and everyone keeps correcting each other and such which is cool but im still in termoil on which one to buy first ! lol

So its down to three now then?
    Lincoln 190c
    Sherman S4
    R-tech 180

From every machine ive come across those three seem to be the best choices so far according to you guys.

The kempii is way to exspensive its past my budget for a welder ill use probably twice a week at home.

8. Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes Member

Yeah i do and they seem to be really good machines and ive put probably over 150 reels of wire through that machine but it is a 305c so a big machine, but really reliable.
    You are right though with peoples reviews i mean if they have had the machine for 3+ years and done a lot of different thickness welding with them then they dont really know there machine to be fair.
    ALso yeah im not doing tig so people saying about tig machines is a mute point to make, not that it is unappreciated but i doubt ill do tig welding at all on my projects that i need the welder for.

9. Mark 2

Mark 2 Forum Supporter

Lincoln would be my choice.

ukracer likes this.
  10. ukracer Forum Supporter

No I am saying R-tech suits my budget and welding and finances as a hobby user. I am also saying R-tech is a brilliant company to deal with. Particularly their after sales.
    But my sons company has 16 welders and even more welding sets and I have not suggested he puts forward R-tech as a supplier as I don't think their business model is aimed at high end production machines.
    But these are just my views. Nothing concrete or biased. ;)

Mark 2 and Tangledfeet like this.
  11. ukracer Forum Supporter

Not sure if you were being sarcastic with the comment above. But this is what I refer to regarding your last comment Screenshot_20201011_220514.jpg
    The sole reason I got involved ( I try to ignore R-tech discussions people have very polarised views on here and it always ends up the same. :(. )
    But you seemed to be making a decision based on one person bad experience with 2 R-tech machines....however they happened to be Tigs. ;)

Anyway have a good night I will be watching Sunday nights videos from Doubleboost on you tube. BTW if you check out @doubleboost channel he has several videos/reviews on R-tech machines.
    Although John does have support from R-tech his reviews are as trustworthy as you can get.....the man tells the truth about everything.

Or save yourself some time and buy a Lincoln ;)

Tangledfeet likes this.
  12. Richiew Forum Supporter

If you buy a named brand such as Lincoln or similar you will have some resale value if you find it doesn't agree with you.

Nearly 20 years ago I bought at Clarke151TE. It's a plain mig welder no stick capability. It had an ally transformer, small wire feed motor and plastic wire feed mount. Despite this, it was a good welder once I replaced the the plastic liner that it was sold with. All the above features are pretty poor on paper but despite the limitations the machines weld OK and have a reasonable reputation. From memory I paid about 220 quid and sold it for £160 fifteen years later with a few accessories I no longer needed. I only sold it because I wanted something with greater capacity. It was a nice welder overall.

You can buy a much better specced welder these days for not an awful lot more adjusted for inflation. This is why I suggest buying and not worrying too much. Pay more if you want some reassurance.

Andrew Hayes and a111r like this.
  13. Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes Member

No sarcasm intended dude just come across blunt.

ukracer likes this.
  14. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet #1 Fan of 3M's VHB tape

Yup, a fair comment - but for the record it was one machine not two.

And, being purely objective and actually in favour of them, after the eighteen months of ownership, I sold it instantaneously on eBay for a bonkers amount - the support and warranty that they offer is where they score so highly. I only lost about thirty percent in it. Whether them or Lincoln you'll lose little in comparison to others you've mentioned should you move on after a few years.

ukracer likes this.
  15. Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes Member

16. Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes Member

But the main question for me is why did you sell it if it was so good to use ?

17. Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes Member

why does this have to be such a mine field, why is there so many poo ones and few for a good budget friendly amazing machines.
    Why cant we agree on one definitive machine ! shouldnt it be easy enough from the combined experience of you guys who have been welding and using more machines than myself.

18. ukracer Forum Supporter

Because everyone has a different opinion on what's good what's not what they can afford when where and why. Rarely if ever have all the machines you mention in their workshop to test side by side......that how we all have different wives and different lives.

19. Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes Member

Unfortunatly no wife or girlfriend anymore Covid lockdown sent my now ex into a bad mental state and it ended but i get where you are coming from.

I guess itll have to be the pricey lincoln machine in the end as that comes recomnded by you guys and the reviews are great for it to, itll do what i need it to and it doesnt need a stupid 32Amp socket, just a 16Amp instead.

20. Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes Member

What do people think of the Parweld machines such as the xtm 2011- 1611 ?
    Also the jasic pro mig200, i use jasic in college but only an MMA machine ?

Advertisements