Chassis Alignment Frame

1. Ruffian Member

It would be perfect for what you need. But getting them is usually the issue.
    A old blackhawk is where I got my bread and butter for nearly 12years doing crash repair.

With an actual jig they usually have pickup pins also which means you can align everything as you go. Rather than just using tape measures and or plumb Bob's.

hazzabo, mtt.tr and stuvy like this.
  2. Myles1970

Myles1970 Member

Yes I was shocked at the distortion on the rotisserie, I ended up fitting castor's to make it sit steady :whistle:

stuvy likes this.
  3. Myles1970

Myles1970 Member

That looks like quite a heavy grade I-beam... It's be staying on the floor :D... design looks fairly straightforward ....

4. stuvy

stuvy Member

they are so simple for what they are, just so many extra bits with them

5. Myles1970

Myles1970 Member

On hold due to recent spending (see 'ae86 booter' post).... bank holiday here tomorrow so I'll be pricing H-beam (if available) and rectangular box during the week.
    As I see it: H-beam or rsj would be less liable to twist but box would be easier to weld and cheaper. I'm also more likely to re-use the materials afterwards if it's box,whereas rsj is going to pose a problem of storage.
    Also I don't intend getting into collision repair I just need to keep everything in line for welding, I'm still leaning towards box.

6. Ruffian Member

If you use I beams you could weld plates and then bolt the corners for dismantling.

Possible sell it after your done as someone else may be is a similar position to you are.

Myles1970 likes this.
Advertisements