Bought this the other week....BMW 525D M-Sport. little improvement project.

1. anto Forum Supporter

2. anto Forum Supporter

Correct, around 50oC from memory.
    I have the diagnostic software to monitor temps so il be sorted that way.
    Il do it in my uncles pit so that will take care of the levelling situation as well.

slim_boy_fat and Exuptoy like this.
  3. I try! :D

4. Got my wheels back, fitted with badges and centre caps. Very happy. It’s totally lifted the finish of the car to the next level. It’s still a 13 year old motor but looks a quality product.

FC5FC8B2-4336-464D-ABCB-56CF0BF827AA.jpeg

2B7A54C0-F791-483A-9471-6DAE2713A26A.jpeg

Coincidentally it went back to BMW today for a recall on the battery cable which has 3 possible stages of repair.
    1st is just a re-grease of the battery cable bulkhead fitting in the boot, 2nd is some fettling and a minor repair before re-greasing and 3rd is to cut the offending section of boot floor out before replacing the square with a plastic sandwich with a new bulkhead fitting and reconnect the cable.
    Mine was just stage 1 with a report of no corrosion beneath the vehicle. Very pleased with that.
    I also got to play with this for 7 hours :D

EEED21AB-9FC1-44EF-B0A3-2070A32C3B53.jpeg

AC8B077E-3DDB-4B8C-BA1C-D515CCEDF244.jpeg

5F942757-D2DA-4F85-AE00-FAA62BE49B86.jpeg

It did however stop me from working on the garage! Weather was pants for the most part anyway. Never mind, tomorrow is another day.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  5. Following fitting the splitter to my T5 I thought I’d do the skirts and splitter on the Beemer. £189 for both from eBlag.

Splitter is nut and bolted and the skirts are drilled and tapped into the plastic sill covers then removed and sikkaflexed before rebolting. Nice and solid now.

4375ABC1-7A26-4231-8950-C0D857A9C9CE.jpeg

727DAD60-4ED8-4B90-B474-5DE05F74D3FF.jpeg

B1C10933-B0C9-4788-9096-A7748298F9B7.jpeg

CF56FB2E-54E5-4DFC-A323-62AB27762417.jpeg

FD7F715A-9D62-4BD6-A05A-3AC6F99BDD96.jpeg

stuvy, jpmillermatic, Parm and 4 others like this.
  6. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Nice. I'm a purist so I'd get rid of the M badging.....:ashamed:

Exuptoy likes this.
  7. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    It is amazing what a difference a set of refurbed alloys makes.

Exuptoy likes this.
  8. Munkul Member

Cumbria, UK
    looks great! I'd dial the M colours back a bit like Slim says but I love the splitter and skirts. Can't get over how modern they still look, 15 years on, they're a fine, fine looking saloon, they've aged really well.

stuvy, jpmillermatic and Exuptoy like this.
  9. Whilst you’re all entitled to offer advice regarding the M details, however it is an M-Sport including the suspension, interior and bodywork options and secondly it’s my car so I get the final shout! :D

Haha.

10. Matchless

Matchless Member

Change the oil twice as often as recommended, use the correct grade / spec, the filter is optional at the intermediate oil changes, why, because the timing chains can and do wear out and when they break it is a big mess, BIG, the chain is about the same size as a push bike but driving the high pressure, 300bar? diesel pump and the camshafts, the worst thing about the chain is that the rollers do not rotate, they are fixed...…………… but a great car, I have a full size DIS in my garage, ex main dealer, technically still belongs to BMW...………. if you listen to the engine at a cold start you might just catch a noise one day, tinkling, that is the time to replace chains, every car has it's issues, maybe the last great BMW, an E39 is a future classic imho

slim_boy_fat, stuvy and Exuptoy like this.
  11. jpmillermatic

jpmillermatic Member

USA-NY
    verrrrrry nice!

they dont make a low profile trunk spoiler for that do they?

love the wheels. looks great.

JP

Exuptoy likes this.
  12. Cheers @jpmillermatic , I believe they do. The M5 one is quite subtle.

stuvy likes this.
  13. fixerupper

fixerupper Member

Yeah those wheels look awesome ...That is a lot of car ..what sort of price does something like that fetch in the UK?

stuvy and Exuptoy like this.
  14. stuvy

stuvy Member

Exuptoy likes this.
  15. I got it cheap, right time right place. Fixed clutch pedal, refurbished wheels, new battery, splitter and skirts sourced and fitted with change from £3k. In fact I’d make a little bit of money at £3k
    177BHP with 400Nm of torque! It’s quick but not rapid.

fixerupper, slim_boy_fat and jsf55 like this.
  16. stuvy

stuvy Member

change the rest:whistle:

Exuptoy and slim_boy_fat like this.
  17. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I'm firmly in this camp, in fact I change oil & filter at ridiculously low mileages [my motoring style now] - oil is cheap for what it does and it'd write the car off if the engine developed serious problem(s).

Exuptoy and stuvy like this.
  18. fixerupper

fixerupper Member

Good cars are so cheap in the UK ...in Crete second hand cars are so expensive ....

Exuptoy, stuvy and fizzy like this.
  19. zx9

zx9 Member

I could not do that to my E61, the standard M sport front bumper scrapes on some of the road humps round here.

Exuptoy and slim_boy_fat like this.
Advertisements