I love this idea so, so much

Anguz, dobbslc and anto44 like this.
  2. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

Hmm poison people to make them I'll, that's bound to be legal

brightspark likes this.
  3. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

im just waiting for the claims they couldnt see while trying to escape from the property and got hurt in doing so

sooner or later that claim will come through the system agaisnt the smoke filled room

I much prefer the deterrent of noise so loud it wakes the neighbourhood up yes it will hurt there eardrums but thats there own fault if you sign it with wear ear protectors :D

and they dont so tough luck then

single shot blanks and repeatable propane riffle comes to mind

4. ronan

ronan Forum Supporter

dublin
    Simple to make, dunno about the legality of owning shotgun blanks in the uk though.

Wallace likes this.
  5. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I looked at fitting one of those in the cave, the problem was getting the blanks. Readily available but I couldn't get them posted to me due to carriage regulations. The shops would also have had to order in a certain quantity, too many for my needs. :(

delta9 and ronan like this.
  6. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    If one of them went off when you pulled a door open it would scare the life out of you and there would be no mistaking what had happened.

ronan and Sammy7 like this.
  7. brightspark

brightspark Member

I had one on my back gate it went off at 1am in the morning , woke half the estate up and the old bill came round . someone reported me shooting at them . I just said I bet they didn't leave there name and address .showed them my guns that hadn't been fired then showed them the alarm and said right off back to bed . nite lads its quite legal so see ya

barking mat, fizzy, stuvy and 4 others like this.
  8. Mark 2

Mark 2 Forum Supporter

We have that at work, rediculously loud and Unsustainable for the theif

ronan likes this.
  9. ronan

ronan Forum Supporter

dublin
    Yup, a fresh pile of droppings and some soiled trackie bottoms, loads of evidence.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  10. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

a friend of mine had one set up so it also smashed a sheet of glass (dont know how)....he has classic cars in a lock up....he got burgled and it went off...he got a warning from the Police

11. slim_boy_fat

What could they really do about it, though. :dontknow:

TechnicAl likes this.
  12. brightspark

brightspark Member

nothing its not a firearm as its only on a spigot not in a barrel. a few month ago a couple of coppers came round asking if I had heard anyone screaming on the station next to my house . no sorry I haven't . can we look in your back field . yes but theres no point no one has been through my garden the infrared beams and cameras would be activated . had to unlock the gate and tell them to mind the 3 rows of barbed wire above the gate :)they had a look and asked if I kept animals in the field I said no why knowing full well what they meant . they said all this security and barbed wire im surprised you haven't got landmines as well :)well actually I have here it is on the gate post :laughing:they just looked at each other and left

fizzy and slim_boy_fat like this.
  13. Pigeon_Droppings2 Member

Pretty sure I saw one on telly where the alarm tripped a load of strobe lights and smoke...pretty hard to steal anything in a fog of smoke I think!

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  14. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Is it that bad?

15. decca

decca Forum Supporter

What was in it then or am I being dumb?

anto44 and brightspark like this.
  16. brightspark

brightspark Member

having had all my wheels pinched of my van a thousand quids worth of scrap copper pinched 4 batterys one of my mobile compressor a shotblasting pot an old good quality wrought iron gate amongst other stuff pinched it is :vsad:touch wood its been ok since I lock the gates every time I go out

fizzy likes this.
  17. anto44

anto44 Member

Not sure I can say it on here but there'll be a nice surprise for the first person who puts a cordless grinder to it and creates a spark inside of it.

decca likes this.
  18. decca

decca Forum Supporter

No more than they would deserve. Hate thieving scum.

anto44 likes this.
  19. anto44

anto44 Member

Me too, I think anyone who owns tools and depends on them to earn a living feels the same.

20. slim_boy_fat

If these thieves would direct their talents to honest endeavour, they'd do very well in the world.

brightspark likes this.
Advertisements