anti theft paint

1. Tally Member

Does anyone know a paint that can be incredibly poisonous (non lethal) to inhale if its heated up to high temps?

Basically i bought a expensive welder recently and im planning to secure it with a large chain and a 20mm steel cover over the front panel to stop them unbolting the handles on the front etc.

Not sure if its legal but i want to paint this cover coated in a paint that can cause the robbing little sh+t to drop the ground in pain if he puts a angle grinder/plasma torch on the outer/inner coating of the box due to the heat? or just something very uncomfortable or a crap tonne of smoke??

Any ideas ? here is your chance to be sadistic !!

fizzy and 123hotchef like this.
  2. ronan

ronan Forum Supporter

dublin
    If you make or do anything that can cause pain or injury to anyone, even a thief, you are leaving yourself open to a world of legal pain. Any sort of man trap is bad news for you.

wyn, slim_boy_fat, stuvy and 2 others like this.
  3. brightspark

brightspark Member

:)here we go all the stupid ideas .just be sensible and make everything secure and fit a good quality security system

4. Tally Member

What about something that will dump loads of smoke? so that it fills up the room etc?

fizzy and DAPPH like this.
  5. Tally Member

Its going to be secure in a pretty well locked building but that didn't stop the last theft...

6. brightspark

brightspark Member

you need a burglar alarm with activation on your phone and I neednt say more what you do

7. ronan

ronan Forum Supporter

dublin

I think that would be ok, but if you hurt someone you are in the poop. You know the world we are in now, its all ambulance chasers and insurance claims.

stuvy likes this.
  8. angellonewolf

angellonewolf Member

hold on does some shops now have a smoke fills the shop if activated ours does down the road

ok never tryed it and could just be a sticker on a window :D

stuvy likes this.
  9. GKQ

GKQ Member

You just need to make sure it kill the bast**ds and Cauterises the wound so no DNA is left, less clean up and less chance of police finding evidence! :flame:

10. Tom O Member

Video to your phone is probably the best way with a monitored alarm for entry / movement that is what I have at least, it gives me peace of mind!

11. roofman

roofman Purveyor of fine English buckets and mops

In a workshop the best theft deterrent is "decoys"...put all the good stuff in locked steel lockers and have a broken welder, broken drills etc on the bench and on the floor..all this junk can be easily got in spares or repair on Ebay for pennies and any thief breaking in will grab the 1st thing they see and make off with it.

Hopefuldave and brightspark like this.
  12. anto44

anto44 Member

I know a guy that used a piece of steel conduit for the shooting bolt on his shed, both ends of the pipe are sealed and it isn't empty :scared:

Morrisman, Dr.Al, dobbslc and 6 others like this.
  13. Turbo Member

Someone I know put this system in for their 80 year old dad, she was able to watch as the thieves broke into the house as she rushed to his house. The police were also alerted, the station is only 1/2 a mile away but they couldn't find his house, despite him being a retired member of the security forces! :rolleyes: The daughter spotted the police blindly looking on the wrong road & stopped to redirect them but the delay meant they just missed catching the thieves! :vsad:

The only saving grace was that her dad wasn't at home, he has a gun & wouldn't be afraid to use it but I fear that he wouldn't have been able to get to it before the scum had got to him & beaten him with the weapons they carried! :mad:

They do have good footage of the thieves entering the house & walking straight to a well concealed safe so someone knew exactly where to look, narrowing the list of suspects considerably. Here's hopeful they find them!

So in essence all a monitored alarm will do is let you watch as you get burgled, the thieves will likely be gone by the time you or the cops get there! :vsad:

fizzy, DAPPH and ronan like this.
  14. Wallace

Wallace Member

56lb Co2 cylinder with a remote controlled fire suppression system then fly tip the thieving scum.

15. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Could be a smokecloak

16. Seadog

Seadog Forum Supporter

A friend of mine has similar at home. He has a small hotel-style safe which has a brick in it. It's not bolted down and is placed in a fairly open position. The rational is that they pick it up and shake it, then run PDQ without further ado.

Dr.Al, fizzy, stuvy and 4 others like this.
  17. MBB Forum Supporter

I had a tin of anti theft paint once but someone stole it.

Maker, barking mat, fizzy and 7 others like this.
  18. Bobtail4x4 Member

yorkshire
    a mate of mine had his caravan nicked,
    the new one was parked with every security device known, ( as was the last one) Plus 4 cans of gloss paint with the lids cracked on shelves, ,
    whoever nicked the second one, would not be able to use it due to the paint sloshed about inside,

fizzy likes this.
  19. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

What if he got it back after the theft....covered in paint.....

and the smell....it will linger for ages

and after time will a crust form

stuvy likes this.
  20. Bobtail4x4 Member

yorkshire
    he didnt get it back
    the can lids were not open, but falling off a shelf would open them.

Advertisements