1. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

At this rate it will be too nice to use for work :laughing:

2. Jim Davey

Jim Davey RH Davey Welding Supplies

It already is :lol:

3. Landy Lad

Landy Lad Member

You can't beat the old uns. I've got an 05 transit, thankfully the tddi not the tdci, changed the pump on it last November, £680 and that was doing it myself. She is going to need sills next year for mot, she has only kept this good for this long as I waxoyl it fortnightly:laughing:

4. Jim Davey

That's a lot of Waxoyl! :o

5. lshigham Member

Hereford
    Fair play for saving a transit, and properly too

6. Jim Davey

Well, apart from some new pedal rubbers the latest resto-truck is on it's way out the door...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even gave it some neat little LED work lights so moving around the bed in the dark should be one peril the drivers no longer need to face...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gordon stephenson likes this.
  7. bill_gj

bill_gj Tired and irritable

Hockley, Essex
    Very nice

8. Windy Miller Forum Supporter

Kent, UK
    All that hard work, care, attention to detail, and the tax disc is held on with a massive bit of gaffa tape! :D

9. At least it is ON and IN date, unlike most of the 22/7key ones I see around here !

10. Jim Davey

Hah! Yeah, I wondered if someone would pick up on that. We have got a new tax disc holder in a box somewhere, I'll get it dug out and stuck on so everyone's happy ;)

11. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

So, are you having a few days rest and starting the next one on Monday? :laughing:

12. Jim Davey

Well, something like that yeah, we've got one more to do and then that's it for Mk 5 Transits I think. We can't go on fixing them up indefinitely, I'm just not sure what the best vehicle will be to do the job with next. It's almost custom build time ;)

We've got an 02 Mk 6 chassis cab that needs a bed putting on it then I'm done with vehicles for a long while, might do a bit on the race car but I expect something will come up to put a stop to that. I've just done a quote to weld a thousand ally castings up for the foundry next door so that will probably put paid to any hopes of free time for a few months.

Still, 2014 is shaping up to be a much better year for RH Davey Welding so I'm looking forward to cracking on with it.

13. AndyStobbs Member

Did you sort the LED lights in the end Jim? What was the cause and fix?

14. Jim Davey

Cause was traced to a 7 volt feed from the ABS circuit, we removed the fuse to the ABS, fault went away. In the end we fitted another resistor to earth on the brake light circuit and the 7 volt back feed virtually dropped to nothing. We have a tiny glow on the brake/tail light now when the indicators are used but its below the 80 candela limit for the MOT so we have been advised to leave it alone.

Thanks for all the help over the phone, vehicle wiring gives me the willies.:ashamed:

15. AndyStobbs Member

Not at all. Interesting outcome, I'm intruiged as why the ABS would be feeding onto the brake lights - will have to try and get a wiring diagram and have a look into that.

16. Shedendman

Shedendman Member

east sussex
    Looks brilliant,top work:cool:
    I hate to think what would happen to the driver who put the 1st scratch in that or gets in with really muddy boots:laughing:
    stay well away from supermarket car parks:laughing:

Compo likes this.
  17. Jim Davey

I'm sure he'll look after it, he's been waiting long enough to get back behind the wheel of it now ;)

18. Powermyster Member

Ireland
    Sorry to resurect and old one, but what steel sheet are you using for making the panels. Is it coated with something?

19. fixerupper

fixerupper Member

Very nice restoration work ,those Transit trucks are good workhorses ,and nice to drive IMHO...jeff...

20. PSweeney Member

Herts
    probably zintec

Advertisements