Update, I have been working on this problem now for nearly three months.... Though I did take a break from the problem for weeks because I just had to.... I have made pushers to try and push it out but they did not work, the 3rd gear was just stuck too hard on the shaft. As the key got cut, it tore up the shaft and created radial grooves that locked it in place. I have tried all kinds of things but last night I finally got the 3rd gear to move axially. The trick that worked was to use lapping paste (special non embedding paste) and rotate the shaft while holding the gear in place ad pushing it forward. This was a very slow and tedious process but it was what finally yielded results along with the latest pusher I made. I have now gotten the first gear off the shaft though I cannot get it out. I'm still working on the problem, things are kinda stuck again but I am hopeful I can get things moving eventually. I might have to rebuild the pusher again to get all the way there. The shaft is definitely damaged and will need repairs. Remains to be seen what that will entail.